Chapter 8

Asha's POV
It's less than a month until the world jam and it's getting really uncomfortable sleeping in the back of a gaming arcade. I just lay in our bed, awake, staring at the ceiling. The very ugly and dusty ceiling. Finally everyone wakes up and we all go out for breakfast. Everyone talks about the world jam and how we'll definitely win it. I just think. My parents owned the vault for people who wanted to express themselves. When Luke and I grew up we wanted to carry it on, but they never got to see it. They died in a terrible car accident off Elm street five years ago. Luke was 20 and I was just 13. We can't lose it now. I'm brought back to reality by Moose.
"Hey what's wrong?" He asks me, with a happy smile.
"Uh, nothing." I clear my throat. "I'm fine."
"Okay then." He shrugs it off, although I'm not sure he's convinced.

After breakfast we head down to the beach for a day off. Everyone splits up and go their separate ways in the water. I stay with Anala and Vladd.
"I'm just gonna go in for a dip." Anala suggests.
"Okay." I reply. Once she's in the water I start talking with Vladd. "Hey what's up with you guys?" I ask him, smiling.
"Who?" He asks, playing ignorant.
"You and Anala." I laugh, pushing him."
"Nothing." He shrugs, but I know he's smiling.
"You mean nothing yet." I answer.
"What?" He asks, scared of what I'm going to do.
"I'm gonna hook you guys up."
"No. Asha please." He begs.
"No. Stop Vladd. I see how you guys look at each other. And honestly, the rest of the crew does too but they just haven't mentioned anything to you two." I inform him, kind of.
"Ugh, you're very stubborn you know." He tells me.
"Tell me something I don't know." I reply, smiling. Then Moose walks up to us.
"Hey... come in the water." He says, grabbing my hands and pulling me up. We kiss for like ten seconds then hold hands as we start making our way to the water. I turn around and tell Vladd something.
"I'm telling Anala that you want to talk to her. You better make a move." I call back.

Once we get to the water, we stop until we're about knee deep. I see Anala and tell her what I promised Vladd I'd do, then I turn back to Moose.
"The water is freezing." I complain. Moose picks me up, bridal style.
"Better?" He asks. I smile and lean in to kiss him but before I can reach his lips, he throws me in the water. I resurface and push him playfully.
"That is not funny!" I tell him.
"Seems pretty funny to me." Moose laughs.
"Whatever."
"Whatever." He mocks.
"I'm getting out." I complain again.
"Party-pooper...!" Moose calls once I'm out of the water.
"Whatever." Is all I call back.

After the beach we visit Kido's house and we all take turns showering.
"We gonna hab big biw." (She means bills). Kido says. Her accent is kind of amusing, but I love her. Once we're all done, we head back to the warehouse behind the arcade and rehearse. At the end of the routine, Luke compliments us.
"Alright guys, this is going great. If we keep up this energy and motivation, we could win the world jam." We all cheer and just mess around. Moose comes up to me.
"Asha." He says as he grabs my arm and pulls me to the side.
"Hey." I smile back. "What's up?"
"I was just wondering if you'll go on a date with me, but I already know the answer." He says, confidently.
"Oh. So you knew I would say no?" I test him.
"What?" He asks.
"I was kidding, Moose. I'd love to." I hug him.
"When do you want to go?" I ask.
"Now? I mean since we haven't eaten yet anyway." He checks with me.
"Sure." I say and I go and tell Luke that we'll be a while and he doesn't really mind. Moose and I then head to a Chinese restaurant a couple of blocks down and get a table.

Our date goes great. Moose tells me how his father is so proud of him for getting his life together and becoming an engineering major.
"So does he know you're dancing?" I ask him as we walk around after our date.
"No. He thought that part of my life was over and so did I. That was until you convinced me that it wasn't." He replies.
I look down and smile. "That's a good thing though?" I question.
"Yes." Moose says, stopping to face me. I do the same. He brushes my cheek as he pushes my hair behind my ear. We both lean in and our lips touch and as that happens, fireworks go off in my body. I pull back, cheeks flushed.
"Let's get back." I say to him. As we start walking again, I suck in a deep breath as I take Moose's hand in mine. He holds my hand tight so I guess he doesn't mind. When we get back we fall asleep as soon as we lay down. Everyone is already asleep so it's okay.

------

The next morning

When everyone wakes up the next morning, we practice our routine. It's almost flawless, which is great. I've just started to notice that Natalie isn't here anymore and that she left. I've just been so busy with Moose that I completely didn't pay attention to it. I suddenly get a text message on my phone during rehearsal. I run to the side to check my phone. I get a text from an unknown number saying,

Asha. I'm in love with you and I really need you to know that. I've had feelings for you since the first day I saw you. I always try to show off when I'm around you. You make me a better dancer.

I assume the message is from Moose because he usually is too shy, which makes him so adorable. I turn around to call Moose over.
"Moose!" I call and motion for him to come over here. When he gets here, I show him the text. "Thank you so much, babe. This is the sweetest thing ever!" I squeal and kiss him with my arms around his neck. He kisses back and when he pulls back he says,
"Can I see the message?" I hand him my phone. He reads the text with a confused expression then hands my phone back. "I didn't send that." He informs me.
"Then who did?" I ask.
"Ask."
"Okay." I send back a text reading,

Who is this?

After a couple minutes, I receive a reply from the unknown person.

Daniel. ;)

"Who is Daniel?" Moose asks. I put my phone down and take Moose's hands in mine. I don't know how to put this lightly.
"Daniel is...Kid Darkness." I wait for his reaction. He lets go of our hands and throws his in the air.
"How did he get your number?!" He whisper yells so no one else hears us.
"I don't know. But he is the least of our problems right now. Let's get back to what we were doing before. Rehearsing, that is." I answer, calmly.
"K." Is all he says before kissing me.

Once rehearsal is finished for the day everyone just goes outside to the arcade and plays with random games. Moose takes me to go see a movie called 'Lets Be Cops'. He said it was hilarious. The whole way through the movie I was pretty much laughing and so was everyone else in the cinema room, except Moose. He was watching my reactions the whole time. When I laughed he would smile. The cute thing is that he thought I didn't notice him.

As we walk out of the cinema, we realise it's still daytime.
"How was the movie?" Moose asks.
"It was hilarious." I say, making hand gestures. I tell him all my favourite parts as he hooks his arm around my waist and we walk around the mall.
"Hey, Asha. Did you get my message?" Daniel asks, standing in front of us with a smirk on his face. Moose's arm tightens around my waist and Daniel laughs.
"Yes. I did get it. How did you even get my number?" I ask.
"No need to worry about that, baby." He says as he steps forward.
"Don't call her that." Moose intervenes and steps in front of me. Geez, not again.
"Stop it guys. Violence never solves anything." I say as I pull Moose back by his arm. He reluctantly lets me pull him away from Daniel while keeping eye contact with him. We walk back to the arcade and spend the rest of our afternoon playing games. Afterwards, we all head to the back and fall asleep. It's been a long day and a girl needs her rest.

Thanks guys, how was it? Please vote and comment and tell other people about my book!