Chapter 9

Hours and hours have past, though it seemed like minutes. Talking with them was really fun. We talked about past trials, future trials, and many other things.

I checked the time, and before I knew it, 9:17 pm came.

"I think it's time for you guys to get home. It's 9:17."

Pearls and Franziska nodded and walked out the door. Trucy went to her room after saying goodnight to everyone.

"Um, Wright?"

"Yeah, Myes? What's up?"

"I was wondering if I could stay the night. If you don't mind, of cour-"

"Of course I don't mind! If you want, you can take my bed. I won't mind."

"No, Phoenix, I can't do that. I should take the cou-"

"Miles, take the bed. It's better than the couch."

Miles hesitated for a moment before he nodded. I lead him to my room and showed it to him. I went in my closet to find something comfortable for him. I found a robe and gave it to him. He nodded gratefully then lead himself towards the bathroom.

I went to grab myself something comfortable. Then, I went on the couch to wait for Miles.

5 minutes later he got out. He then came into the living room.

"Thank you for letting me stay here, Phoenix. I really do appreciate it."

"Anytime, Myes. Always happy to help a friend."

"Actually... I would prefer that you call me more than a friend. Perhaps even a boyfriend."

I blushed at this.

"R-Really? So you want to be my boyfriend?"

"If you don't mind, of course."

"Of course I don't mind! It would mean a lot to me if I were your boyfriend!"

He smiled and walked over to me. He then put his forehead against mine.

"I love you, Phoenix."

I grabbed his wrists gently and closed my eyes.

"I love you too, Miles."