Chapter Eleven

Alexandra

The entire house smells like bacon and pancakes when I wake up. I feel my stomach growl loudly, and a small body moves beside me, a tiny hand on top of my head.

I blink slowly, moving to look. Declan is sitting on the bed, looking at me with his hand on my head.

"Hi Mommy." He says.

I smile.

"Hi baby," I murmur, reaching out for him.

He burrows against me and I wrap him all up in my arms, kissing his little forehead.

"You make baby?" he asks me.

I pull back to look at him.

"What did you say buddy?"

"You making baby?" he asks again.

"Am I making a baby?" I ask him.

"Yes."

"Yes, I am." I say. "Who told you that?"

He smiles. "Daddy said so."

"Oh he did?" I ask him, smiling.

"That why you sick."

Ah, I see.

I nod my head and pull his little body back against me.

"Mommy's not sick." I tell him. "I just wasn't feeling good, that's all."

"Okay." He kisses my cheek sloppily.

"Declan?" I hear Aiden call.

Declan's eyes get wide, and he darts under the covers.

I hear footsteps, and then the door opens and Aiden peeks his head in, looking at the obviously moving lump beside me. Declan is giggling up a storm, and I smile.

"Declan, didn't I tell you not to wake Mommy? I told you she needed rest." Aiden peels the covers back.

"I want to see!" Declan whines.

"You could've seen her when she got up." Aiden says.

"I sorry." He frowns.

I want to tell Aiden that it's fine, but I try not to undermine what he says in front of Declan, and Aiden tries not to do the same thing. If we don't agree on parenting, it makes it hard to get Declan to listen.

"It's okay." Aiden sighs. "Go play in the living room, okay? I want to talk to Mommy."

"Okay." Declan gets out of bed and walks out of our room, shutting the door behind him.

"How are you feeling? You look like you feel better."

"I do," I get out of bed, stretching.

"I love you." he tells me.

I smile.

"I love you too."

_______

Around thirty minutes later, after the whole family has eaten, I'm sitting on the couch with Ali when she nudges me.

"Wanna go to the store?"

"Are you kidding? She almost died yesterday." Mike says to Ali. "You guys aren't going shopping.

"I'm pregnant, Michael, not disabled." Ali says. She turns to me. "Well?"

"I guess." I shrug.

Aiden looks completely disapproving.