11: Cecily

I walked around the halls of the Institute, very bored. Dinner had been eventful, especially with Will having a fit about my dress. I was surprisingly happy that Henry couldn't fix the portal quite yet. For some strange reason, I liked it here. I definitely enjoyed Isabelle's company. She reminded me oddly of myself.

I decided to walk up to the greenhouse to look at the beautiful flowers again. This Institute was so different from the London one, it was so interesting. I pulled the doors open to the greenhouse and walked in.

The plants were glowing all around me. It was amazing. It was even more beautiful than in the daytime. I walked around the whole greenhouse, then I took a seat on the nearest bench.

Suddenly I heard the door open and Gabriel walked in.

"Oh um Cecily I didn't expect you to be here." he said almost a bit nervous.

" Neither I, you." I say "What are you doing here?"

He came and took a seat beside me. "I wanted to be alone, and this was the place that I thought no one would be."

We were silent for a moment.

"It's so strange here." I say.

"It is. Their clothing style is appalling here." Gabriel says with slight disgust.

I laugh. "Yes it is. To be honest I really don't know why I put this on." I say gesturing to my dress.

"Well I think you look very pretty." Gabriel says rushed, his face turning red.

I blush and look away. "Thanks." I mumble.

I turned to look at him. He was staring right down at me. His green eyes were dilated, I never noticed his beautiful they were before. Gabriel started to lean in and so was I. We were centimetres away from each other's lips when the door banged open, and someone gave a little shout.

Of course it was Will.

"Cecy what were you doing with Lightworm up here?!" he exclaims.

"Nothing Will, calm down." I say turning very red.

Will's eyes narrowed at Gabriel for a second, and then turns back to me.

" Can I speak with you for a moment Cecily?" Will asks looking at the ground.

"Okay." I say.

"Privately." Will glares at Gabriel.

Gabriel returns it, looks as me for awhile and then finally leaves.

" Cecy how many times have I told you to not associate with Lightworm?" Will says exasperatedly.

" It's not like I invited him here, he just showed up. Now what was it you needed to speak with me about?" I say diverting the attention away from Gabriel.

Will sighs and takes a seat next to me.

"I kissed Tessa." He says quietly.

"Really?!" I exclaim excitedly.

" Yes really. I didn't mean to, it just happened. Afterwards she ran out of the room." He says while staring at the floor.

"I can't believe what I've just done Cecy. I've betrayed my own best friend. My Parabatai." Will says sadly. "And Tessa, she must hate me now."

"Will I don't think Tessa could ever hate you. I see the way she looks at you." I say.

"Which is like what?" Will says looking at me now.

" I think she has feelings for you Will." I softly say, but Will just laughs dryly.

"Don't pull that on me Cecily. Tessa's heart only belongs to Jem, and mine belongs to her." He says bitterly.

"I'm so sorry Will." I say sadly while leaning my head against his shoulder.

Will sighs and leans his head on my head. "It's okay I guess Cecy. We can't always get what we want."

"I guess we can't." I say, and we both just sit there thinking.