13: Will

I sat down to breakfast the next morning, beside Jem. As soon as I saw him I felt guilt well up inside me. I had kissed his fiancé, how could I do that to him??

"Good morning Will." He said cheerfully as I sat down

Everyone was sitting at the table, except Tessa. I felt pain in my heart. How I wanted to go to her room and hold her in my arms, and tell her that I loved her.

"Good morning." I mumbled and started eating.

I felt someone staring at me as I ate. I looked up to see Clary watching me from her seat. As soon as she saw me look up, she turned red and started talking to Isabelle who started laughing. I just smiled, she obviously thought I was attractive.

"Tessa there you are!" Charlotte exclaimed and I turned to where she was looking.

There stood my Tess. She was wearing a light pink dress, and she looked very nervous and uncomfortable. I fought the urge to go up and hug her. The only seat available was directly in front of me, and hesitantly Tessa went and took her seat.

She said good morning to everyone and immediately went to eating her food. I found myself staring at her, finally she looked up and stared at me for a second. Cecily, who was on the other side of me had to bump my shoulder to snap me out of my trance.

Then Charlotte cleared her throat. "Could everyone, please meet me and Henry in the library after this? oh everyone from London that is." She added.

"What is it about?" Gabriel asked.

"Mortmain." She says gravely, and we fall silent.

I had almost forgotten about Mortmain and the Automatons, with everything going on.

"Tessa, have you had your wedding yet?" Isabelle asks.

I look down at my food, and Tessa slowly says.

"No not yet."

"We should totally do it here! I would organize it, of course and-" Isabelle started

"Izzy maybe they have family and friends back in London they want to celebrate with don't you think?" Alec says

Isabelle opens her mouth to say something, but then closes it obviously stumped. Soon breakfast ends, and all the Londoners make there way to the library.

Jem and Tessa walk ahead of me hand in hand and I force myself not to head straight to my room and be alone. This is what it's going to be like Will I think to myself, your just going to have to get used to it.