1: Tessa

There was a knock at my door. "Miss Gray? Charlotte has called everyone to master Branwells workshop." Sophie's voice rang out.

"Alright Sophie thank you." I called out.

I put down " Great Expectations" and hurried out my bedroom door. I found myself walking straight into Jem. I moved back and immediately he smiled at me.

"Tessa, you look beautiful." Jem said as he leaned down to kiss me.

We both pulled away and he took my hand and we started walking to meet everyone else.

"What do you think this is about?" I asked.

" Probably something about Mortmain." Jem said.

We still hadn't defeated him, and everyday I felt more anxiety. We reached Henry's workshop and I opened the door. Everyone was standing around some big door.

Henry was standing beside Charlotte speaking to her rapidly. Sophie was beside Charlotte, staring off into space. Cecily was standing across the room looking slightly bored. Gabriel was glaring at Will.

Will.

He was staring at Jem and I hand in hand. I found myself staring into his blue eyes, and I could not look away. It had been about two months since Will had told me he loved me, and since then we had not been alone together even for a minute.

I broke my gaze away from Will as Henry started to speak.

" I have exciting news!" Henry started enthusiastically. " I have made a portal that will take us to the future!"

Everyone was silent for a moment.

"And your point is?" Will said boredly.

"My point is, is that I can take us to the future!" Henry exclaimed.

Will turned to Charlotte. "You agree with this?" he asked

Charlotte looked a bit hesitant at first. "Yes I agree with this. Henry had already tested it and it does work."

" I think we should go. It would be very interesting to see what the future is like." Cecily stated excitedly, and Will just rolled his eyes.

"Can we please travel to New York?" I asked " it would be lovely to see it in the future."

" Of course we can." Henry says. "Now everyone line up!"

"Would you like to join us Sophie?" Charlotte asked.

"Oh no Miss, I have a lot to do around here I'll stay, but thank you." Sophie says and she leaves the room.

"What about you Gideon?" Charlotte asked.

"I will stay here. Someone needs to look after the Institute." He said sheepishly but I knew he wanted to stay with Sophie.

We all lined up single file, with Henry at the front.

"Okay we are going to New York in the 21st century." he says.

Then he opens the door, and we all step through.