Chapter 1: Ananya

Shabhana's POV

I looked at the car which has been pulled out of the swamp a while ago. I was happy to finally have my first case but I was hell nervous too. I signaled my assistant to come.

"Ji madam (Yes madam)" He said.
"Naam kya bathaya uss ladki ka? (What was the name of the girl?)" I asked.

"Ananya Guptha, collage mein padthi hai last year chal raha tha uska (Ananya Guptha, she study at a collage she was doing her last year)"
"Body mili kya?(Did you get her body?)"

"Yeh hi badi baat hai ki gaadi mil gayi, varna iss daldal mein job hi cheeez ghir jaati hai voh kabhi vaapas nehi milthi (it's is a miracle that we got the car or else we never get back the things that fall into this swamp)"

"Iska matlab yeh toh nehi hai na ki hum doondna chod de (That doesn't mean that we should stop looking)"

"Talash jari hai madam (the search is going on madam)"

"Mmmm............."

***
"Apke beti ka koi personal issue tha kya koi pyaar, exam pressure, friend's ki saat koi problem? (Did your daughter have any personal issues like love, exam pressure, or any issues with her friends?)"

With a heavy heart I asked her parents who were struggling to control their tears.

"Ji nehi uski aapni pasad ka hi course tha class aur dost dono uske bohot pasant the aur pyaar vyaar toh voh kabhi karthi hi nehi thi (Oh no, she was studying a course of her choice she loved both her class and friends, and she never used to fall in love)"

Her mother said.

"Aur toh aur uski sabse bada sapna director banne ka voh bhi poore hone wale the ek week baat uska movie ka shoot bhi shuru hone wala tha (Not only that, her biggest dream of becoming a director was also going to come true, the shoot for her movie was scheduled to start from next week)"

Her dad said.

"Mein uski room dekh sakthi hoo? (Can I see her room?)"

***
Ananya's room was way different from the usual girls room apart from the pink walls nothing was girly about it. The room was really dirty like it hadn't been cleaned for weeks;

all her books were stuffed into a small study table which had all kinds of stuff on it, a plastic chair with some of her cloths carelessly laying on it.

In a corner laid a basket ball with little to no air in it, her bed sheet was half on the bed and rest on the floor same goes for her blanket she had two pillows one was placed horizontally and the other vertically, bath towel on top of her laundry basket which was almost full on her bed was an open laptop and her mobile phone.

I opened her wardrobe to discover clothes lying scattered, on the mini shelves laid makeup and jewelry scattered as well , one lower shelf was filled with different kinds of bags and purses and clutches and one upper shelf which was the only neatly arranged thing in the room, different novels stacked beautifully.

She had the entire collection of Chethan Bhagat novels I suppose, she also had book by Savi Sharma, Sundeep Nagarkar, Nikitha Sing and some other authors but only Indian authors. One book caught my attention a book about which I have never heard about a book called 'BFF' but the authors name was familiar- Ananya Guptha.

***

"I am Ayan and this is Ri.....Heena , hum Ananya ka classmates hai (I am Ayan and this is Ri......Heena we are Ananya's classmates)"

A young guy around the age of Ananya introduced.

"Ananya ka koi problem tha kya? (Did Anaya have any problems?)"

"Mein toh yaha tha hi nehi study holidays chal raha tha toh mein hostel se ghar gaya hua tha ghar peh phone bhi zyaada use nehi kartha toh muje toh last pata chala (I was not here it was our study holidays so I had went home from my hostel, I don't even use my phone too much at home so I was the last one who got to know about all this)" Ayan said.

"Mein bhi Ananya ki uthni close nehi thi, hum logon ne ek dusre se mahinon se baat nehi kiya tha (Even I was not that close to Ananya we hadn't talked to each other in moths)" Heena said.

"Baat na karne ki koi kaaz vajah? ( Did you have any particular reason for not talking?)"

"Nehi mein apni dusre doston ki saat buys ho gayi thi (No I just got buys with my other friends)"

"Ok....." I said and walked towards a trio who were standing and discussing something.

"Aap log kon ho bhai (Who are you guys suppose to be?)" I asked the trio.
"Ji....I am Shalini, that's Manish and Nisha" A girl said.

"Hum Ananya ke school friend's hai (We are Ananya's school friends)" Nisha said.

"And you must be the investigating officer" Manish said.

"Shabhana Khan" I said and forwarded my hand and we shook hands.

***

"Aapko kya lagtha hai madam suicide ya murder (What do you think madam suicide or murder?)" My assistant asked.

"Muje toh yeh suicide case hi lagtha hai (I think this is a suicide case)"

"Kyu? (Why?)"

"Uska karma dekha aapne aise nehi lagtha ki koi insaan rehtha tha usmei headphones bed peh pada tha laptop kula tha aur phone bed peh yeh teeno cheeze voh apne kareeb rakthi thi, Kitaboon se use bohot lagaav tha, Akele room mein rehthi thi par dho pillow rakha tha ek vertically, matlab voh pillow ko gale lagakar sothi thi, basket ball kelna toh cahthi thi par kel nehi payi, bed ki haalat se lagtha hai gandon tak sooti thi, point clear hai ladki lonely thi kyuki pillow hugging, zyaada padna, zyaada sona aur electronic devices peh aapni zyaada dar waqt bitaana lonlyness aur depression ki nishani hai .

Uski maa baap kehtha hai ki uske koi problem hi nehi thi abb tum batavo ek perfectly kush insaan aadi raat ko jangal ki raste drive karke kyu jayege voh raasta kisis kaas jagah peh pohonjtha bhi nehi tha aur uski doston mein se kisi ko bhi uske jane ka zyaada afsoos nehi lagtha, isse patha chaltha hai ki kuch kaas dost nehi thi uske na maa baap ko uski problems ki bare mein pata nehi tha problems aane par bilkul akela mehsoos kiya hoga aur kar liya hoga suicide.

(Did you see her room it didn't look like a human being was living inside it, headphones and her phone were lying on the bed laptop was kept open beside it, she used to keep these things close to her, She loved reading books, she used to stay alone on her room but had two pillows one was kept vertically which means she used to hug it while sleeping, she wished to play basketball but she could never play, after seeing her bed we can assume that she used to sleep for hours, point is clear the girl was lonely because pillow hugging, over sleeping, over reading, and spending a lot of time on electronic devices are sighs of loneliness and depression.

Her parents say she had no problems, now you tell me why will a perfectly happy person drive through the jungle late at night that road don't even lead to anywhere special and none of her friends are really affected by her death so its obvious that she didn't have any great friends.

Her parents didn't even know about her problems so when a problem arrived she must have felt that she was alone and hence committed suicide)"

"Wahh madam ji aapne toh poori case hi solve kar dhi (Wow madam, you just solved the whole case)" My assistant said clapping his hands.

"Are nehi yaar, aksar dikayi nehi detha par har kudkushi karne wale ka kaatil zaroor hotha hai, aur jab tak hum Ananya ke katil ko nehi doond nikalthe tab thak case solve nehi hoga (Oh no yaar usually we don't see it but every person who commit a suicide has a murderer and until we find Ananya's murderer the case won't be solved)"

******
It was really tough writing this chapter I literally imagined the condition of my home after my death it was really creepy but it was fun though hope you loved the chapter.

Like and Share 🤗