chapter twelve

i looked out of the window the whole flight home.

i didn't dare to look back as anthony was sitting a few rows behind me.

if i saw his face, i would start crying again.

after a long, sad flight, we arrive back home.

not only was i crying because of not being allowed to be with anthony, but because i missed my best friends already.

and the fact that i might not get to see them ever again.

i get off the plane with hannah as the both of us collected our luggage.

i saw anthony's dad waiting at the airport all excited.

i literally wanted to stab him.

if it wasn't for him, anthony and i would still be together right now.

maybe as just best friends, or as boyfriend and girlfriend if we chose to date but now we're nothing again.

plus, it was disgusting that he was excited to see anthony solely for the fact that he was proud of him passing out from being wasted!

i turn and look around for my family but only saw my brother standing there waiting for me.

i look over and see hannah's whole family waiting for her, even her aunty, uncle and cousins!

but my brother was the only one that showed up for me.

i grab my suitcases and put them on that trolley thing as i roll it over to my brother.

i wrap my arms around him and begin to cry again.

"did no one want to come see me?" i ask as he shakes his head.

"they said they'll just see you at home but i really really missed you hailey! we only have two days to spend with each other before school starts"

"i missed you so much more but i'm too scared to go home. first i told them about the whole virginity thing and now i passed out at a party! they're gonna hate me for how stupid i am!"

"you're their daughter, they can't hate you"

"daughter and step-daughter! dad will hate me!"

"he won't because he loves us a thousand times more than our biological dad ever could"

"i know"

he helps me take my suitcases to the car and he drives me home. after a trip like this i would've fallen asleep, but i was too scared about what my parents had to say about me.

after a while of my anxiety shooting through the roof, we make it home.

we take my things out of the car and i rush inside and upstairs with my things.

"hails, mom and dad are downstairs. they want to talk to you"

"are they mad?"

"they don't seem like they are"

oh boy how wrong my brother was.

i walk downstairs and felt like i was gonna break down again but tried my best not to.

i see my parents sitting on the couch and sat opposite to them.

"welcome home hailey"

"thanks"

i stayed silent as my parents whispered to each other about what to say.

"just so you know, i broke up with anthony" i say.