"Any longer and we may not have been as lucky" Jin told them, Taehyung praising the lords above that he will be okay, but the guilt was eating him alive.

Like Jin said, Wonho's brain was strong enough to take it for a longer period of time, any magical creature could have took it for longer, but Jungkook was still human and they forgot that sometimes.
Jungkook was vulnerable to all sorts of magic, especially dark magic which Jin said was behind this.

"You said it was dark magic?" Jimin asked, trying to puzzle together what Jin might have been saying before.
"It seems it to me" Jin nodded.

So far, Jimin knew something was definitely going on, there was some woman who Jin was very afraid of, and there was dark magic thrown in there. What was going on?

Taehyung and Jimin did not leave Jungkook's side all day, both of them scared for their friend that something might go wrong and he'll die instantly, but he was soundly asleep the whole time, his chest gently lifting up and down signalling he was still breathing.

"How could I let this happen to him?" Taehyung asked Jimin who was sat by his side as Taehyung held Jungkook's hand.
"How could I be so selfish and let this happen to him?" Taehyung cried
"Tae you weren't selfish" Jimin spoke kindly
"You tried your best to protect him but something beat you to it" Jimin tried to convince him otherwise, but he just shook his head.

"I shouldn't have stormed out otherwise he would have never followed me. I should have been more on guard and I should have been on the ball" Taehyung listed everything he did wrong, Jimin cupping his face as he forced him to look into his eyes.
"Tae, this sounds horrible but you're not everybody's protector" Jimin told him
"I get it, he's your best friend and he's also vulnerable as a human, but we all know if it were me you would have protected me" Jimin spoke, Taehyung nodding his head in agreement.

"You're my protector and only guarantee my safety, you can't with Jungkook as sad as it is" Jimin sighed
"Let's just be grateful he'll be okay and he wasn't alone" Jimin told him as Taehyung nodded. He didn't want to admit it, but having it told to him confirmed it. He could only protect Jimin and be sure he could protect him, no matter how much he tried with everyone else around him.

"You were there for him when he needed you and that's all you can do" Jimin told him, kissing his cheek sweetly as Taehyung smiled at him, placing his lips on Jimin's in a tender kiss, only to pull away when they heard stirring next to them.

They pulled away to see Jungkook just waking up, his tired eyes opening and looking around the room, smiling weakly when he saw Taehyung and Jimin by his side.

"Hey" he spoke quietly
"Hey" Taehyung smiled, so grateful he was okay.
"Do you remember what happened?" Jimin asked in a sweet and calm voice as Jungkook sadly nodded his head.

"Thank you Tae, for getting me here I mean" Jungkook held Taehyung's hand back, squeezing it as Taehyung let another tear slip.
"I tried to save you but-"
"Tae, it's okay, you tried and I'm still here alive" Jungkook smiled optimistically as Taehyung leaned down, hugging him tightly, Jungkook's arms wrapping back around him.

At that moment, the door opened as Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi walked in, smiling kindly when they saw Jungkook was awake and okay.
"How're you feeling?" Jin asked, sitting at the edge of his bed, presenting a bowl.
"A little light headed but I'm okay" Jungkook told them, sitting up, surprised when he saw a bowl full of a water with what looked to be herbs and leaves in it.

"Trust me, it will help" Jin told him, handing the bowl over as Jungkook thanked him, beginning to sip on this weird soup that tasted very plain, but he instantly began to feel better.

"What's in this?" Jungkook asked
"Just some herbs and a few spells" Jin shrugged like it was nothing, Jungkook laughing as he began to drink it again.

"What actually happened?" Taehyung asked suddenly
"I mean you were out of it and in so much pain but then Jin sent you to sleep and you were so peaceful" Taehyung wanted answers.

"The pain was just weird" Jungkook spoke
"I just felt like I couldn't open my eyes, but it felt like my head was about to explode at any second" Jungkook described the pain he was in.
"I went to sleep and I thought I was awake"
"You had a dream?" Jimin asked, Jungkook nodding.
"What about?" Namjoon asked

"Well, I was in a white room, almost like a hospital ward in a bed and my head felt so heavy" Jungkook described it, thinking as hard as he could about what he actually dreamed of.
"It felt so real, like I could feel the bed sheets and I remember what they felt like and I remember every detail" Jungkook spoke, almost bewildered by his dream.

It seemed pretty normal though, just a very realistic dream that some people have, until what he said next.

"There was a woman"

Everybody's heads snapped to look at him.
"She was kind and came and sat with me" Jungkook spoke, his face etched in a frown as he remembered all of a sudden what happened.
"I remember she had a very calming voice and she just spoke with me"

"What did you talk about?" Jin jumped in and all of a sudden Jungkook couldn't remember, no matter how much he tried, it was like his memory was wiped of the conversation.
"I don't know, I don't even remember her face anymore, but I definitely saw it" He recounted but there was no memory of it, no image that popped into his head.

"Is there anything you remember that she said or looked like or anything?" Jin suddenly seemed desperate to know, but nothing came to mind as Jungkook shook his head.

Jin turned to Namjoon who could only shrug. There was nothing to support Jin's theories, but with everything going on and how insistent Jin was being, he began to consider that maybe she was back.

Maybe, it was the Red Witch after all.

~•~•~•~•~

500 reads on this story! Thank you so so much!

I actually love you guys so much 💜