Chapter 6 - A Galaxy Before Me

Gabriella stands outside of the room while I change into the navy blue leggings, red long-sleeved shirt, black boots, and black velvet jacket. "So," Gabriella begins, speaking through the door, "What did you think you'd find up North?" She asks.

I shrug as I struggle to pull on the navy blue leggings, "I don't know."

"Then why did you go North in the first place?"

"I guess I just thought there would be some place safe up there. That eventually we would stop seeing the Infected." I say, while I grab the long-sleeved shirt and pull it on over my head.

"Have you ever gone South before?" She seems to quieten as she speaks about the thought of going South.

"No. Why would we?" I ask, confused. There is always more Infected the further you go South, so why would anyone want to ever go there?

"Me and my boyfriend thought that something or someone would have been releasing all of the Infected from somewhere down there. Almost like an experiment." This sparks something in me. What if they were right? "We never got there though. That's how he died. Trying to go South. We got to a Horde of I8's and he tried getting through it." She gets quieter as she speaks.

"That's a plan." I whisper.

"What?" She says. I grab my jacket and rush out of the room, startling her. Buddy eagerly trots alongside Gabriella. She follows me as I rush down the stairs. "Jessica, what did you say?" She repeats louder. I look towards the lounge room and see all of the guys are turned to see what on earth I'm doing.

"I know what we should do. We can't just sit around forever." I state, hurriedly walking into the lounge room and placing my hands on my hips as I speak.

Drew immediately stands up, "Jess, you just fell in ice cold water, almost died, and you want to go back out there already?" He objects. Buddy stands beside me and looks up at the two of us.

"I'm fine, Drew, but this may depend on everybody's lives right now and whether they continue dying or not." I say.

"What's the plan?" West asks.

Drew looks at him, clearly annoyed, "No, no, no, not happening."

"What do you mean?" He asks, placing his hands on the ground behind him and leaning back comfortably, seemingly amused.

"Stop encouraging her." He says, before turning back to me. He looks like he's about to speak, but I talk before he can even begin.

"Drew, I want to help." I say sternly.

"Well, I want you to live." He says, "I'm not losing you again, Jess." I feel a slight pang at his words.

"One day. I will rest for one day, and one day only. Then, we leave." I bribe.

"No! I just found you and you straight away want to do something extremely dangerous. You walk around with an empty gun and think you're going to find bullets, but in reality, everyone has used them against those creatures because there is no stopping them, and using a flimsy bow isn't gonna work forever!" He begins to make his lengthy speech about why I shouldn't go and save lives.

"Oh, please, continue. Cause last time you did we almost got killed! I'm sick of your speeches!" I exclaim and walk into the kitchen of the house. Buddy hurries along with me. There's a large kitchen island in the centre of the room, beside the cherry wood table, and cooking supplies. Many useless items are scattered all over the scratched, messy table, which I swipe off of the table making an immense amount of noise. Buddy watches all of the things hit the floor in a pile.