Eight

Hey y'all. It be Hiss_Hiss_Mofos (*cough cough* check out my stories *cough* *cough* This damn cold smh) coming at you with this chapter cause why not.

Jk, Delanie just can't be on her phone atm and asked me to get something out for y'all. So,, being the amazing™ friend that I am, decided to give all you lovely people a chapter.

Luke paced his cabin, a blank stone in his hands. Lord Poseidon had requested to speak with him personally in a week's time, and needless to say, Luke wasn't ready. He could only begin to try to predict the horrors that were waiting for him. (But then he dabbed in front of Olympus and used his strange new powers to make Percy human and then they adopted 37 children and 59 dogs all 96 organisms being named Jorge and they lived happily ever after in a mansion in the sky because "fuck you Zeus." The end... Just kidding. On with the story.)

Night was nearing and Luke forced himself to calm down as he noticed his siblings and unclaimed campers file in, making their way to their assigned sleep space. Luke followed shortly after, drifting into a rough sleep.

The rest of the week went by quickly. He stayed away from the lake, not wanting to anger Poseidon more. It was well known that demigods weren't supposed to meddle with sea life. They were told that mermaids and mermen were in fact only fiction. And yet, here was Percy, a full fletched merman.

Poseidon visited him early in the morning, near the lake. He wore a frown, his green eyes following Luke as he approached. Neither said anything and Luke felt as if he was growing smaller in the gaze of the God.

"Lord Poseidon," Luke said weakly.

"Luke Castellan," it was short an cold. The pause wasn't long though. "Do you know why I keep my children secret?"

"No, Sir," he shook his head.

"It's because mortals get curious," he stated matter-of-factly. "They look for any excuse they can to get closer to things. And then they begin plotting. And I assume you know where plotting normally ends up. Am I right, Luke?" The words had knowledge behind them. It was like Poseidon knew what Luke was trying to decide. And Luke didn't like the vulnerability at all.

"You think I'm going to kill Percy?" Luke asked after a second of silence.

"You may not, but others might."

"What if we keep our friendship secret?" Luke asked, hopefully.

"No," Poseidon turned the question down quickly. "I've already decided to move Percy away from Camp Half Blood after your most recent talk. But you can't tell anyone about Percy, okay? I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. Any word to anyone about this and you will no longer talk to anyone. Am I clear?"

"Yes."

With that, Poseidon vanished and Luke stood there. A part of him was scared of what Poseidon would do if he told anyone. At the same time, though, he was mad because this was supposed to be the way he was supposed to be driven away from Kronos' offers. Now, he didn't have any of that. No safe space. Nothing.

This is when Luke decided what he had to do. He was going to join Kronos. And he would find Percy in the process. He'd make sure of it.

This was, in fact, Delanie approved. Just to let y'all know.