One

Luke was sitting on the dock, his feet resting in the water. He stared into the water, highly aware it goes deeper than a lake should. But that was the magic of Camp and Lord Poseidon. They can make things that should seem normal and make them not. That's what happens when you live a life that most people don't even have basic knowledge of. Unless you count how stunning mortals make Zeus look in all the movies.

Movies are such an alien concept to Luke by the point. It's been years since he's sat in front of a TV and watched something. Even if it had been cartoons most of the time. His mom would be in the kitchen, watching her son's face glow along with the screen.

May Castellan, if you asked Luke, is the reason why he's doing what he is. If she hadn't wanted to be the Oracle of Delphi, Hermes wouldn't hate him as much and he would be able to go home for the school year. Instead, he's at Camp, making one of the biggest decisions of his life.

Luke knows what would happen if he joins Kronos. He's aware that if he gets on the chariot in a month, he will be agreeing to signing his life over. That was made clear when he and a few other demigods were taken into a dreamscape like area and offered the position. The others seemed to be just like him. Revengeful.

From the common eye, there's no change in the way Luke acts around others. There's no change in voice, no mood changes. Not even his best friend Annabeth can tell. He's sure Thalia would have noticed, though. Given that Zeus hadn't turned her into a tree. Damn Gods.

Luke stood up, angry at himself for letting his mind think of Thalia. He didn't want to think of her when he knows there's a small possibility of Zeus turning her back. It's best to let the past be the past and move on, thinking of it as little as possible.

Despite Luke saying that over and over again in his head, Thalia popped up more times than he'd like to admit. He wasn't obsessed with her, though. He didn't like her in a crush sort of way, either. Luke knew she had had enough on her plate as it was, not to mention they were so young going through everything to get to where they were now.

He stood up, planning to clear his mind. There was a stone laying a bit away on  patch of sand. Luke picked it up, turning it over in his hand a few times before taking a deep breath, throwing it, and watching as it skipped away.

Four. Sadly, that was the most he's ever gotten. Then again, he'd only began skipping a stone a day about two weeks ago. He knew he'd be able to improve before he had to make the decision in a month. And even if he didn't pass four, this was Luke's way to let his mind go to ease. Each ripple in the water was to get rid of any unsettling thoughts.

Luke sighed, casting another look over the lake, before heading back to his cabin. It was getting late and he knew the harpies would be out soon.

How do you like the story so far?Should I continue it?