29

Have you ever regretted your decision? Or scolded yourself for not rethinking or analysing your plan twice? Have you ever wondered why you act so stupid sometimes or that your mouth needs a good parental talk?

Or is it just me?

It had not even been a total of three hours and I had already been threatened for murder with a straw, certain someone with black eyes and black hair had already killed me with their deathly glare and I had gained enough attention to last for a lifetime.

Not to mention I had digged my own grave and I had already stepped inside, now I was trapped. My journey of being a cupid has not even completed a total of twenty four hours and the chaos had already been created.

Atleast I got them to agree after being verbally abused by Stella. I guess, she has used all the possible swear words she knew and maybe even made up a few, but atleast she agreed and by agreed, I mean she pushed me away and murmured angrily in her breath, "Things I have to fucking do for her."

Now, the real twist was— My supposed date was looking amusedly at me and it was not even funny, it had already been over two minutes and now it was starting to get creepy. I didn't know whether to take that look in a positive manner or otherwise.

Maybe he was thinking how much of an idiot I was to ask him out on a date and now that I think about it, I guess I am an idiot. I mean, who asks someone out on a date without actually meaning to go out on a date after rejecting their proposal of date?

Yep, I do.

The last period was over and everyone was rushing out of the school gates, expect for us. We were standing near the lockers, looking at each other, not anywhere near the romantic looks rather a good joke kinda look and now I was regretting my decision, but it was too late to back off now. I had a cupid arrow to shoot before Stella decides shoot me.

"You—" He spoke, pointing his index finger towards me, "—want to go on a date with me?" Now he had his index finger pointed towards him and I gave him the annoyed look.

"That's what I have been saying for the past five minutes."

"One moment you say you want to be just friends and the very next day after I decide to break the just friends thingy with a hug, you come and ask me out on a date. Please forgive me for not finding it easy to understand." He said, in a mocking tone and my face instantly flushed red as I shifted my gaze away from him to the ground.

"It's not what you are thinking." I murmured, when he lifted my face with an index finger, making me look into his deep blue eyes.

"Then what is it?" He asked, his voice dropping an octave.

"Tell me you don't feel the sparks everyone talks about, tell me I am not the only one to feel all the electricity, tell me I am not the only one crazy after you." He continued, making my heart beat at the speed of Usain Bolt, "I know we started off bad, worst even, but trust me I am trying to change. I am trying to say and do things that might not potentially hurt you in any way. I am trying, God knows I am trying, Avelyn." My heart thumped loudly against my chest.

He noticed my heavy breathing and put his hand right over my heart, "Tell me you don't feel this." He had his lips so close to mine that I was afraid to open my mouth. I was not kidding about the whole Just Friends thingy, I actually meant it because I knew if we didn't follow that rule, we would always end up in a position like this and I was too young to have my heartbroken, regardless of how many promises he made to protect and pamper it.

"Dante." I whispered, making him pull me closer by waist and slightly brush his lips against mine.

"Hmm?" He asked, looking at my lips and teasing me with those slight brushes of his soft lips against mine, making me want to smash my lips against his and devour every inch of it.

"We are in school."

"So?"

He was playing with my head and feelings, I didn't understand the right or wrong anymore.

"Stop." I said and pulled away, making him groan and a small chuckle escape my lips looking at him all worked up.

"So, will you go on a date with me?" I asked, again as we walked together, side by side, towards the parking lot.

I had shooed away Stella by saying that Dante was going to drop me off, while in reality, all I wanted was to keep them alone as Ethan's car was in service and Stella gave us a ride to school.

"Ofcourse, I will, love. But may I know why are you so desperate to go on a date with me?" He asked and I explained everything to him. By the time I was done, we were already near his car.

"So, in a way, you are using me." He said and I widened my eyes, shaking my head continuously.

"No! That's not what I meant."

"But that's what you are doing." He replied, crossing his arms over his chest, making his muscles bulge.

"I am sorry if I sounded like that. You can always not come if you don't want to, yours was the first name that popped in my mind, but I honestly did not mean in the used way. I can always ask Klaus or Blaze for that matter, I am sure they would be more than happy to help me and—"

"You are making it so hard for me to not just fuck you in the car seat with that cute ramble." There my cheeks went again. I looked at him with eyes wide and mouth flung open. I blinked my eyes several times before actually registering that he was hella serious and was currently trapping me against his car.

"Shut your mouth, baby. You are tempting me to do something that you are not comfortable doing right now." He whispered, huskily in my ear and the hair on my back stood up as goosebumps erupted my body. The butterflies in my stomach started fluttering like the cage had just been opened and he was making it too difficult for me to control my growing feelings towards him.

"I, erm, don't, umm, you know—" He put his index finger over my lips and shut me up before rubbing his thumb on my bottom lip as I took an intake of breath.

"I'd love to go on a date with you even if it means getting used."

~

Roast me.

As humorously as possible.