Vulnerability of the Heart

Start from the beginning

Patricia Dorval smiled, "It's nice to see you again Naib, please come in come in." Entering Patricia's home gave him a much bigger surprise. It looked much bigger inside. Infinitely bigger. From where he stood, he could see 3 beds above him. "Your sisters?" He commented, patricia moved to a small area fixing them a drink. She hummed, "yes, however they are currently 'out' ". Turned to them, handing Norton a drink as well as Naib, but he could tell she had fondness for his friend.

"Please sit." She gestured to a small round table with 3 chairs. As he sat, he could see from the corner of his eye a big spindle wheel, was this her hobby? He wanted to ask but he digressed. "What's the matter?" She asked, the air suddenly took a turn. "Well, ya know I'd asked what this place is but I gotta feeling ya won't tell me." Naib told her with honesty.

Patricia looked at Norton as Naib saw her hide a hand below the table. "I would tell but It's hard to explain. Just know that you'll find me when you need me." She said vaguely. Norton nodded, "well, tell pats about the main topic of today Naib.". Patricia fumed, but agreed nonetheless, "yes, what did you need me for?"

He thought for a bit, he slowly rests his hands at the table. "If you can, I.. i need ya to check if whatever you felt then about what will happen is true." Patricia smiled then nodded, "It's no trouble." She says.

The Enchantress clasps with one hand the hand that Naib offered. Norton silently watched as Patricia traced the lines that made Naib's palms. It was a quiet event and it made Naib even more nervous the longer she held on, but seeing Norton believe in Patricia's abilities so much filled him with faith. When she opened her eyes, she looked Solemn. "You've seen a lot haven't you." Naib nodded and smiled woefully. Norton looked worried, his brows furrowed and in his mind he asked what happened while I was gone? "Naib?" He asked his voice uneasy.

"I saw somethings that made me question the people I know." Naib started, seeing as both Norton and Patricia were listening, he continued. "And with the things you said before, it didn't make it easier to shake off." For this he expressed a sense of grief, "I can't look at him the same way I use to."

Patricia looked at Norton with a serious expression on her face, she mouths to him who but he only shrugs. A tick appeared in her face as she kicked the back of Nortons leg. "Ouch!" He exclaimed, Naib looked at him curiously as if to say 'what the f—' but he stayed silent. Norton sheepishly rubbed his cheeks with his fingers, "I'm sorry but, who exactly?"

Without missing a beat, Naib answered him one person, "Eli." This only furthered Norton's confusion, Eli? Why him? Why the guy with the most placid disposition most of the time. "He's.. changed?" Saying that felt dirty to him, "N-no. That ain't right. He isn't changed to say, but he's definitely shown a different side to em." He answers.

"Is it related to what you saw?" The enchantress asked as Naib nodded, "a mere night ago, Eli had woken up from his sleep. He was gasping and in pain. Waking up to hearing that is scary enough but his eyes back then were.." he paused, he could see his hands trembling. "They.. didn't look like his."

"What do you mean?" Norton asked, his hand reached out to comfort Naib, but he again swatted it away. This was the first time he'd ever seen Naib so.. out of it. "S-sorry. It's just.. his eyes are normally a beautiful blue right? But that night, it looked like it belonged to a monster. Red eyes with a black void for a slit." He then looked at Patricia, his voice suddenly went a tone lower, as if he feared he would be heard by the beast he'd described, "is that what ya saw?"

Patricia shook her head, "I'm afraid not, I saw something else." However, she suddenly stood up looking somewhat frazzled. "What's wrong?" Naib said, at the same time Norton whined "Don't tell me times up!" "Well.." she looked back staring at Naib, gauging his soul right then and there. "This feeling you're getting disappear when their journey ends, your own journey will start. You'll meet him soon, but the reason why wont be good." Patricia sighed, "I'm sorry Naib, I really am. However nothing will change the fate that's been laid out for you. You'll make a sacrifice and the question is will you regret it then—"