" Kimiko! Back to our conversation! " I said and she rolled her eyes.

" You just need to stop what you're doing and listen to your brain, not your heart. " I made a face.

" My heart? " I asked and she nodded.

" Kimiko, this has nothing to do with my heart. " She nodded sarcastically. 

" Yeah, okay. Look, Dee, I gotta run. Don't get into too much trouble. " She said and I nodded my head and bid her goodbye as I ended the call. I snuggled with Marshmellow for a little before a knock was heard at my door. 

" Come in.. " I spoke and Benjamin walked in. The look on his face told me that something was going on and it most likely wouldn't be something I liked.

" Hey, Benny.. " I said softly and he stood beside me. 

" Good afternoon Delilah... Your father asked me to present you with your March and April schedule " I picked it up from his hand and read the paper. My schedule for April seemed a bit too long.

I tilted my head. " Why do I have things scheduled for our time in Paris? " I asked mostly to myself and he spoke in response.

" He has canceled your flight to go as well. " He told me and my heart dropped. I looked up at Ben and he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

" I-I don't know why he would.. I'll talk to him. " I said and he responded.

" Give him a moment or so.. He just finished a heated conversation over the phone.. It wouldn't be wise going in to speak to him right now.. " I nodded my head. 

" Thank you, Ben... " I said softly and he nodded as well and left the room in silence. 

An hour passed and I stood at the door of my father's office. I knocked and listened to his voice as he allowed me to enter. I entered slowly and pulled on the end of my sweater as he sat at his desk with a stack of papers on it and files everywhere. God, Calvin always made him into a complete mess.. He looked over to me and tilted his head.

" Delilah, sweetheart.. How can I help you? "  

" Dad, Benny uh- He told me that you gave me a new schedule for March and April and you c-canceled my flight to Paris.. I just wanted to ask if it was because you wanted me to go with the other students or- "

" You're not going. " He said as he looked at his computer and tears came to my eyes.

" W-why? " I asked softly and he turned to me with an emotionless face.

" What do I look like sending my daughter across the world without protection from anyone and letting Calvin's son and Andrew's son be near you without me being close by? "

He continued. " Until this mess with Calvin settles down, I don't want you going anywhere. " The way he spoke told me that his words had an unnegotiable conclusiveness to them.