Chapter 8

" Some days, things just take way too much of my energyI look up, and the whole room's spinningYou take my cares awayI can so overcomplicate, people tell me to medicate "

way too much of my energy
I look up, and the whole room's spinning
You take my cares away
I can so overcomplicate, 
people tell me to medicate "

" Some days, things just take way too much of my energyI look up, and the whole room's spinningYou take my cares awayI can so overcomplicate, people tell me to medicate "

Third Person POV

Delilah found it strange as her and Archer continued to kiss even though her brain kept screaming at her to pull away. The atmosphere in the room had changed entirely, and the tension grew thick. Footsteps were making their way over to their location quickly, but they didn't notice in time. 

The door opened, and they both jumped and pulled away. Looking over to the door, Archer was slightly relieved to see who it was, but Delilah was petrified, the whole situation finally dawning upon her. 

The person looked over to the two of them and forced a grin. " Ok so, I kinda already knew this was going to happen the second Archer went after you so don't even sweat it. The real problem is that Mr. Russel is looking for his daughter and I would suggest you two pull away as far as you can and get back out there because her father is close to coming this way... And I won't say that's what she said after that sentence.. " Sterling said quickly, and Archer looked back over to Delilah and realized his hands were still holding her face. 

Slowly pulling away, she cleared her throat and avoided all eye contact with Archer as she made a beeline for the door but not before making eye contact with Sterling, who zipped his lip and threw away the key.

" I won't tell a single soul.. " He whispered, and Delilah left the room already feeling doomed, and she gazed at Archer for a split second who was standing in the same spot and his eyes never left her. 

Tearing her gaze away, she headed back to the ballroom to make it seem like nothing happened at all. Sterling looked over to Archer and smirked.

" Took you 15 years but hey at least you got there. " Archer rolled his eyes at his words and walked over to him.

" Sterling. Don't tell anyone. " Sterling scoffed.

" Archer, I'm wounded... do you really not trust m- " Archer cut him off.