Chapter 22

Oh god, I'm so, so, terribly sorry it has taken so long to make another chapter >.<' Truth is that I wasn't sure how I wanted to continue this story (and I didn't even have good ideas of how to continue!) and I was really busy so starting the new chapter was always kinda delayed... But here it is now! I hope you like it. Thank you for your patience! ^^ And thanks for all the comments and votes and reading this story!

-----------------------------

The street was dark with only few street lamps on it, but Freed wasn't worried. He was prepared and alert, he always was, but he didn't really believe that someone might attack him. He might not have magic, but he was still an excellent swordsman and he knew martial arts as well.

But when he turned to the next street, there was no denying that he felt relieved when he could already see the lights from the familiar house where the Thunder Legion lived with their Thunder God. As he had been suspecting, others were still awake.

The only sound in the street was his boots that clicked against the street stones as he walked towards the house. Then there was a silent clank and a creak as he opened the gate and closed it after him. In the next moment he was at the door, but then he stopped.

Was it alright for him to just barge in? He did still have a room in this house, but he was officially living with Rufus in another house. Should he have informed others that he was coming so he wouldn't surprise them? What if he would interrupt something?

Freed inhaled deep and lifted his hand, ready to knock the door. It felt like he should at least knock. But before his knuckles could touch the wooden surface, the door clicked and it was opened.

"The hell do you think you're doing, you moron?" Ever hissed with a frown and Freed was left speechless and surprised because of such a greeting. "Why are you standing here outside and knocking like some stranger, Freed?" she said and Freed blinked.

"I... Wasn't really sure if I should just come in like before", he confessed, still a little bit stumped.

"Of course you should!" Ever shouted and she grabbed Freed's hand, pulling him inside and closing the door. "Isn't this your home as well? You might live with Rufus now, but this place is always your home as well."

Freed smiled. Some might think Ever was only interested about herself and well, sometimes that was true. But if Freed would ever hear someone call her heartless bitch who did not care about others, he would shove their teeth in the back of their throats with his fist. And he wasn't the only one, Laxus and Bickslow would both do the same if that would happen.

The rune mage left his boots and his coat at the entrance and stepped in the living room.

"Are Laxus and Bickslow sleeping already?" he asked surprised.

"No, they are at the guild", Ever smiled and she poured them more water for tea. "Drinking, what else. I got tired of it so I came home to read something."

"What about Elfman?" Freed asked sitting down.

"He left to do a mission today, he will be back tomorrow."

"You should go to a mission with Bickslow and Laxus as well", Freed said taking a cup Ever brought over. "Just because I'm useless -"

"Never say that you're useless, Freed", Ever immediately scolded, sitting down as well in the living room. "You can't help it that you can't use magic right now. But you are not useless."

"I'm just saying that there is no point for you three to just sit down and do nothing", Freed said. "It's not helpful. And it's not right for you all. I know very well you all will get restless if this continues and then there will be problems. Bickslow will start doing stupid things and Laxus will just get angry and impatient. You guys need something to do."