7

Patton was in the kitchen bent over pulling some cookies out the oven when he sensed someone's staring at him. He thought nothing of it until he turned around to see Remus sitting on the counter kicking his legs a bit. He had this grin like you would not believe as Patton nearly dropped his cookies in surprise.

"Remus!" The darker trait just kept grinning like nothing had happened. Patton was a bit unnerved, to say the least. Remus always had that effect on him. Made him a bit jumpy... Logan was the one that managed to get Patton to see Remus as more of a very wild crazy child with adult humor. Otherwise, he might have still been scared of Remus like when they were younger. "H-Hey there, Kiddo. What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much just had a few questions." Patton didn't want to know what they were. However, at the same time, it was rare that Remus ever came to him. He always went to Deceit for answers. "I want to know more about children." He stopped short dropping the sheet of cookies onto the table slightly as he looked up at the man sitting beside him.

"Oh, so is this about what happened earlier with Roman? Because I don't agree with what he..." Remus shook his head with a laugh as he swiped a cookie from the sheet much to Patton's dislike. They hadn't cooled yet.

"Nope. I'm just... quenching my curiosity." His eyes lit up a bit as he jumped down to give Patton some more space. "Killing time... Like a dragon that's been submerged in water." Patton paused a bit looking back at the man as he went through the fridge. "Or if it cries. The tears and water would extinguish its inner fire and kill it." He pulled out some chocolate milk pouring himself a glass before turning back to Patton with that same grin. "Did you know that?"

"Uh... no. No, I did not." Patton sighed as he started to put more cookie dough onto the sheet. "Just out of curiosity, is it the same for say... Dragon Witches?" Patton looked back to see Remus's smile gone and he tensed up. It was rare that he wasn't smiling. Even upset the crazed man still smiled. 

"You want to know what kills a Dragon Witch?" Patton turned back to his cookies slightly startled at the serious tone the other had, before nodding. 

"Just in case you know? I heard there very dangerous." And after Roman too, Patton thought to himself as memories of earlier filled his mind. He was still stressing out about it. Virgil been stuck like glue to Roman ever since, terrified the ball of light was still out there. None of them knew what it did but they didn't want to ever find out. He tensed again as Remus started laughing, jumping back onto the counter as he drank his drink.

"Well, you sure asked the right brother!" Remus beamed as Patton shot him a look. "Roman likes to boast that he's defeated Dragon Witches but I know he hasn't killed one. It was smart to ask me." He laughed again staring into his glass. "Look at you beeing your own little Logan."

"What do you mean?" Patton placed the cookie sheet in the oven before he and Remus walked sat down at the table.

"Isn't it always better to ask the creator?" Remus took another sip from his cup watching the horror fill Patton's eyes.

"You... You made the dragon witches." Remus only nodded as he started to drum the table. "Why?"

"Roman wanted a villain." That was all he said on the matter. That was all he ever said. Not even Roman knew why he had created them even though it was for him. When they were younger Roman always wanted to be the brave knight. He would chase all the others around to 'protect' the place in a sort of game of pretend. Remus always watched as Roman would create bunnies and puppies and things... so cute and cuddly. He thought if Roman could create living things, couldn't? When Roman begged Thomas to send him a villain to fight Remus thought he would make one himself. One just for his brother... he ended up making a few but they were worth it. The Dragon Witches were the first living creation Remus had ever successfully done. Unfortunately, Roman didn't seem to care. Not that it mattered much anymore. He was surprised at Romans leniency toward them though. He never seems to actually fight them even though they were created specifically to be his villains. Roman never explained why he always let them go. "They're not the wicked witch of the west. They won't die by water being poured on them. This the wizard of oz. But they aren't strong physically. Their power comes from there magic. The older they are the stronger their fire is too. I bet you even Rose would give Roman a run for his money..." Patton cringed slightly as Remus started off lost in thought. "Although maybe not since she is the youngest. That is if Roman actually fights her. Otherwise, he's got no chance in winning."

"Wait Roman can..."

"I made them for Roman. Of course Roman can beat them. He's just got to try... Anywho, I've got questions too." Patton's face fell as Remus snapped creating a notebook and pen in front of him. He opened the notebook up writing 'things 2 know' on the first page before shooting Patton this smile. "What exactly do they eat?"

"Wait, what?" Remus laughed as he pointed to Patton.

"Kid's Morality. What do they eat? I know they like Pie... or at least this... hypothetical one does." Patton frowned as the confusion started to get to him. Where did this come from? Why was Remus so interested?

"Well, yeah. Most kids like sweet things but they can't eat them all the time." Patton sighed again as Remus's eyes narrowed in confusion. "It isn't good for them to only of sweets. They need healthy and balanced meals to help with growing. Sweets are good but only in moderation and as praise."

"Oh... ok, but what if you don't have a kitchen?" Silence fell over the room like a think blanket of awkward. "Nevermind let..."

"What do you mean? Everyone should have a kitchen Remus." The man just laughed as he wrote down everything Patton said... give and take a few creative liberties.

"Well, we dark side's don't have a kitchen. We usually just steal from you guys." Patton's face filled with horror again as Remus smiled. "I thought about changing that but the mindpalace is Roman creation and that means I don't really have any leeway. I could change things inside it but actually adding a room..." He shook his head as he glanced over getting up to steal another cookie. This time however Patton was too shock over what he was just told to even care. As Remus sat back down, Patton noticed the man's eyes were subtly changing. He'd never seen Remus's eyes actually change color before. He always thought the man had green eyes. However by the look of things they were fading to brown like Roman's.

"Forgetting about the kitchen question... What time do they usually sleep?" Patton was so confused. What was the point in these questions anyway?

"They should probably go to bed between 7 and 8 depending on their age."

"Oh and this one's important... What do you do if they won't talk to you? Oh, or if they're scared... or upset... or hurt... or bored... or even..."

"Remus, what's going on?" The darker man tensed up trying to laugh it all off but Patton started to get concerned. Normally if Remus had a question is was something demented. These were all about caring for a child... totally p.g and considering who was asking them. "Remus..."

"Oops sorry gotta run..." Patton was left there in stunned silence as Remus took off running out of the room. Only to run back in with this look on his face before grabbing a ton of cookies and running off again.

"What the..." The oven timer went off pulling Patton from his mind and back on to the cookies he was baking. "What is going on with his mind?"