9

He made a mistake. He made a mistake and now all he could hear was the others screaming at him about how he couldn't be trusted with a child. They were going to come and take Dee away. He could hear Dee screaming in his mind all covered with blood and he cringed. He made a mistake. All he could see was Deceit bloody and broken and crying. The tears were what got him. He never could take Deceit upset. But those tears... those tears broke him. It mixed with the blood the covered him completely, diluting it with is salt substance and making Remus want to gag.

All because he made a mistake...

"Lo Siento, Dee." Remus cringed again as he brushed the cloth against the broken skin wanting nothing more than to make the cut disappear. "Lo Siento..." He whispered to himself as he carefully applied some peroxide making the child wince a bit. He wasn't even sniffling. But that didn't make it any better, Remus was still hearing the wailings of the broken child in his head. His hands were clearly shaking as he attempted to place a bandaid over the small cut on Dee's knee. A small cut, that barely bleed any... that Deceit got when he tripped and fell in the playground as Remus went to make sure everything was stable. "All done, mi dulce engaño." Remus carefully picked the child up making sure not to put pressure on the cut, his mind making it seem worse than it actually was, and held him close as he turned around only to find someone staring at him. 

"Salutations." The Darker side jumped slightly as he set Deceit down only for the child to cling to his leg in fear. Logan stood there in the doorway of the dining room taking the whole scene in. In fact, he had been there for some time. Around the time Remus came running in, right past him too, with a bottle of peroxide and bandages. He had watched the darker on care for the child on the table. He had thought of stepping in but surprisingly Remus actually took care of it pretty well. Well enough that Logan didn't bother to ask what had happened. It was clear to him that whatever it was Remus would handle it. What did confuse him was the fact that there was even a child at all... and that he clearly had scales. It had to have been Deceit. "Might I ask what happened to Deceit?"

"Uh... We don't... We don't really..." Deceit squeezed the green man's leg tighter hoping he would protect him. He didn't know the new man. He didn't know how he got there. The green man was the only person he's seen since waking up. He was scared. Really scared. He just wanted to get back to Remus and Virgil. "I... I don't know, Logan." Deceit tensed up hearing that name and frowned. He glanced over at the man in a tie as he fixed his glasses. That's... That's not... That can't be Logic. Logic was only a little older than him. He was this quiet little boy in a soft grey button-up and jeans, keeping to himself as Morality ran about. This just couldn't be...

"Perhaps, you could have asked for assantance. This is unusual. We wouldn't want anything bad to befall him." Dee could feel the green man tense up as he placed a hand on Dee's shoulder. 

"I was... I thought about that." Logan raised an eyebrow at the darker side only for Remus to groan. "I did I swear. I just... I ask Patton for help... No, I didn't. I ask him questions than bolted with cookies."

"I think that Deceit should come with me." Deceit was quick running behind the green man using him as a wall to keep him away from the other. He didn't want to leave. He felt safe with the green man. He wanted to stay there. Logan frowned seeing Deceit's reaction, and it only got worse hearing Remus growl. "I can figure out what happened quicker if he's with me. Plus Patton is literally a father. If anyone can care for..."

"NO!" Remus yelled out desperately focusing on the child behind him to keep himself from snapping and tearing Logan apart. Remus CAN NOT lose Deceit. He can't. If he lost Deceit he would snap so bad... he would break. "Y-You c-can't."

"I can and I..." Remus picked up the child and Logan froze seeing the tears in both of there eyes. Deceit was holding onto the Remus like a lifeline as the man stared daggers into Logan. "I only want to help Deceit. We don't know what caused this. We don't know what else may have been changed or altered. He could get worse."

"But I... I am ca..." Remus glanced over at the child before sighing and looking away. Logan was right after all. None of then knew what was going on. If anyone could fix this it was Logan. "I just want to help him, Logan. I can't... I can care for him."

"I really do not care about any of that." Logan sighed as he fixed his tie. "If you insist on being the one that cares for Deceit, I am unable to do anything. Seeing as you are the last remaining... Adult Dark side such decision fall to you. However... do reconsider my assistance. Otherwise, I will be forced to inform Patton and he will decide what is best for Deceit." Remus watched as Logan started to turn around and he tensed up. He needed help. He just didn't want Deceit taken from him.

"Wait." He called out much to Deceit dislike, who was now shaking in his arms. "Deceit needs to get better. We don't... We don't know what happened to him. If..." Remus frowned as he shifted Dee around in his arms until the boy was on his hip resting his head on the man's shoulders staring off at Logan with this sad look. "If you can promise to help me... help him then, I accept."

"Very well then. Follow me."