Chapter 2

"Do you want to join our group?"

Did he just ask me that? I've been alone for so long that I've forgotten what it's like to be in a group. Hell, this is the most human contact I've had in what seems like forever.

"Could I meet the rest of your group first?" I ask, coming to the conclusion. I don't want to join these people without knowing the rest of them. For all I know, they could be wanting to murder me!

"Sure." Glenn says.

It takes a while, but eventually, we reach the prison. They were right, they did clear it. Somebody opens a large gate and Michonne steers the car they arrived into a the prison grounds. I can feel everybody's eyes burning into my head the moment I step out of the car. A young woman with brown hair runs up to Glenn, enveloping him into a deep kiss. I feel awkward, shifting from foot to foot. A man comes bounding up to me, pouting straight at me, as if I weren't there.

"Who's this?" He asks rudely.

"Rick, that's Bella." Glenn tells him. Rick looks at me.

"Bella who?"

"Bella Riley Dixon." I awnser. He gasps.

"Wait..." He trails off. "Did you... Did you say... Dixon?" I shrug, nodding. Without saying anything, he walks off back into the prison.

Okay then.

Carl walks up to me, a confused look spread across his face.

"You can't be..." He says quietly. I look up at him.

"God, what's with you people! Tell me what's fuckin' goin' on already!" I yell in a whisper, not wanting everybody else to hear.

"You're related to Daryl and Merle, aren't you?" He asks. I look at him, and my jaw drops. They have my family here, or the did. They must've. My dad... My uncle.

"Do you..." I stutter. "Are they here?" Carl look down.

"Merle isn't..." He sighs. "He was left in Atlanta. Tied to a roof. We went back for him... But... Only a part of him was there." But he doesn't say anything about Daryl... About my dad.

"What do you mean?" I whisper, my throat tightening. He puts his hand on my shoulder, which I shrug off quick enough. He shoves his hands in his pockets awkwardly.

"Look-lets just go inside, okay? We can sort out your room and then we'll talk."