11﹒⪩ 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖽𝗋𝖺𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗌

Start from the beginning

"Evergreen, it's too early for you to be so loud." Freed said while he moved around the kitchen in search for more ingredients in the refrigerator. "Laxus and Rose are probably tired from training."

"Training?" Evergreen asked while looking at both dragon slayers, earning a nod of confirmation from them.

"Y-Yeah... What do you think we w-were doing?" Rose asked her.

"Oh nothing!" She quickly responded while bringing the cup of tea close to her face out of embarrassment. "Of course I knew you were training."

Bickslow approached the fairy mage with a wicked grin on his face. "I know what you were really thinking..." He whispered close to her ear. "Just because you and Elfman-" Before he could finish his sentence, Evergreen pinched him in the arm making him cut mid sentence with a scream drawing the other's attention. "Why did you do that?!"

"I thought I saw something there, my bad." She innocently said with a smirk lingering on her lips.

𖥸

Laxus couldn't stop himself from staring at the brunette sitting criss-cross on the armchair just across from him, she had a blanket around her while reading a book. He couldn't stop thinking of the training the both of them had through the night, it was something he had never experienced and he really had a lot of fun. However, there was something he couldn't take his mind off, and it was that last attack the brunette used against him. He knew that spell too well for him to mistake it with something else. Usually, dragon slayers had a special scent that they could easily identify each other, but for some reason he couldn't catch any of it. All he could smell was her usual mixture of vanilla and cinnamon scent from her. Most of her attacks in previous training drills were regular spells, defensive one most of the time.

Rose looked up from the book between her hands when she felt eyes on her. "Is there s-something bothering you?" She asked him with worry, lacing her voice.

Laxus stayed quiet for a moment, contemplating what to say or ask for the brunette. He wasn't sure whether to confront her or not, or if he should be mad at himself for not figuring things out earlier. "Why didn't you say anything?" He asked her, his question coming out not as he was hoping for.

Rose looked at him with a small frown forming between her brows. "What?" She asked him a little confused at his sudden question.

"Why didn't you mention you were a dragon slayer?"

"Ah that." She said quietly. "Y-You never asked... She trailed off before biting the bottom lip, feeling a little nervous. "And I t-thought it wouldn't matter."

"It doesn't matter." Laxus reassured her with a tiny smile, not wanting to make the brunette feel upset or anything in that matter. "But you never used dragon slayer magic before until this morning, why?" He asked, curiosity taking the best of him.

"I-I just like to try other t-things around." She sheepishly said. "Besides, it's not g-good to show all your cards in battle." She added before back to the book between her hands.

Laxus didn't know what else to say to her. It wasn't like she had been hiding it from them, he should have picked up on the signs when their senses were the same. There were times that they both were able to smell or hear things that the others couldn't but he never put all the pieces together. Finding out that Rose was like him took him by surprise. However, what really impressed him even more was that even without using her dragon slayer magic she was able to keep up with him without any kind of effort.

It was a Sunday morning, the only that of the week they usually took a break from training. They didn't do much besides resting and going to town to get anything they were missing in the house. That morning was slightly different, the Thunder Legion decided to go by themselves, leaving him and Rose alone in the house resting. The house was strangely quiet without them around, and Rose wasn't much of a speaker either and he was too tired to go and fetch his sound pod in his bedroom. His blue/gray eyes drifted around the room until they landed on the book the brunette was reading, it was really hard to read the title due to how worn out the cover was.