Let's Change Things Up In This Town Part 3

Chapter 2:

After she handed me the keys, I looked at her like she was crazy.

"On here, there are house keys, and keys to your new car." Sarah said with a smile.

"WHAT?!" I screamed, recieving stares from many of my new peers.

"Your dad told me how you had to sell your car that you bought yourself, and he told me how much you wanted a jeep... So I bought you a jeep." Sarah said as a sheet came off a large object that was being pulled behind a tow truck.

A yellow, four door jeep wrangler with a hard top was revealed and I nearly died. I ran to the vehicle and opened the door. It was perfect. Then I looked in the back of the car and saw that my surfboard was placed in the back perfectly.

"Your dad told me how much you liked to surf and well. They have a beach at the back of the campus." She said.

I jumped out of the car and ran over to her, giving her the biggest hug in the world.

"Thank you soo much Sarah. But you really didn't need to buy me a car," I said finally.

"Oh your dad payed for most of it. He wanted you to keep the money you had gotten for your car to spend at school." She said with a chuckle.

Sarah and dad handed me my bags and I put it all in my car to get later. They gave me hugs, gave me the address to the house, and the house phone number. Goodbyes were quick, but I was happy my life was actually going good in...America.

I headed to the main building where check-ins and the main office were. I was starting a couple days behind everyone else and I was already registered. All I had to do was recieve my schedule, book list for the semester, and my dorm assignments.

"Hello." I say as I walked up to the front desk and smiled at the receptionists.

"How may I hel..." They got to before the door re-opened and the guy that hit me with the football walked in.

"Nicholas. This season is planned on being a good one we hear." They say as he approaches and smiles.

"Go figure. A football legend, am I correct? I ask him with a fake surprised look on my face."

"Oh yeah." He says as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Well here's a pointer for this season to make you look less like a fool on the field. If you actually caught the ball, you might be a good player. Can I please just get my schedule?" I say as I turn back to the receptionist who is wearing an astonished expression on her face.

"What's your name sweety?" She asks as she comes back to the real world.

"Ryleigh Saunders. Ryleigh spelt R-Y-L-E-I-G-H." I say.

"Ahh here it is. This envelope has your room assignments in it along with two keys to the room, one's a spare. Along with that is your schedule, with the book list of books you need to purchase for this semester. You also have an assigned parking space in here if you have a car with you, and a list of sports is in here that you can try out for. If you need a map around campus, that's also in there, and well..the rest you can here from others or is included in the packet that tells you about everything. Welcome to Charleston's Academic Academy, or CAA, Miss Saunders." She finished with a smile.

As I turned to walk out of the door, I saw Nicholas staring at me like I was the first one to put him down. I walked past him and gave him a smirk. Wow.

"Miss Saunders. I almost forgot. Here are a copy of your scholarship papers. Keep them safe or if you don't we have copies. We are thrilled to have a student like you here at CAA." She finished as she handed me the papers and went back to work.

I walked out the door and towards my jeep filled with boxes, and bags, that nothing else could possibly fit.

I sat down in my car and looked through the packet. I pulled out my map and the dorm assignment along with the parking space. I attached one key to my keyring for the car and attached the other to the keyring my spare to the car was on. I looked at the map and found the way to the dorms and was about to drive off when I saw that Nicholas kid in front of my car.

"What?!" I asked as I rolled my window down.

"Nothing." He replied.

"That your car?" I ask as he looks at the Mustang I was pointing at. He nods.

"Good then get in it and show me the way. I'm in Building B." I say. Apparently, there are five dorm building. A, B, C, D, and E. (easy enough)