Chapter 16

Tris POV

Wednesday

I sit looking at the principal lecturing me, but I don't listen.

Did Tobias get sick? He's been absent for 2 days, yet I haven't texted him yet. I got in big trouble of what I did to Molly. So did Sam and Tobias will too. But he hasn't been at school, it worries me. I decide I'll call him later.

"Tris!" Mr. Bamui (Bam-u is how to pronounce it, I just made it up 😂) says. I snap out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Did you hear what I said?"

I shake my head. He sighs.

"I said, ' You're going to get suspended if you do another idiotic stunt like that'" he tells me. I nod.

"Can I leave now? " I mutter.

" You have detention for tomorrow and detention on Saturday. If you don't report on Saturday. You will get suspended. If you get-" I interrupt him.

"I understand Mr. Bamui." I try to state without anger and I fail. He nods, but gives me a frustrated glare.

"Leave." I get up and walk out to lunch. It's boring without Tobias, well Uriah makes me laugh a lot. And Chris is so crazy but I love her like my sister. Yet I miss him. After I get my pizza, I sit with the group.

"Hey," they all say in unsion. I laugh. I sit next to Chris and to my left is Shauna. The crazy brothers sit in front of me.

"Hey girl!" Uriah exclaims like a girl and Marlene laughs and gives him a kiss. They kiss for a long time, enough to make it awkward. Zeke clears his throat.

"No PDA." (PDA = public display of affection) Zeke reports. They chuckle and blush as they pull away.

"Um. Guys, have you heard anything about Four?" I ask. Chris, Zeke, and Marlene shake their heads.

"Nope, maybe he got the flu or something," Will indicates. Shauna nods in agreement.

"Maybe he's being a Pansycake and doesn't want to get in trouble by big bad mr. Bambi. " Uriah teases. I laugh.

" Correction, it's Bamui." Will corrects, Uriah rolls his eyes.

"Whatever," he states.

"Well you can call him Tris," Chris says. I nod.

The bell rings just when Zeke was going to say something. I get up and push my way to the next period.

~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

Am I dead?

I feel like I'm dead.

All I see is darkness, I try to move but I cant.

What happened?

I don't remember.

All I know is that I think I'm dead.

~~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~

Tris POV

I get into my bedroom and swiftly type in Tobias's cellphone number.

It rings, I wait longer. Then it's the voicemail. I grunt in frustration.

I have to go to his house. I'm too worried. I start to walk downstairs but Caleb stops me.

"Hey, mom and dad aren't home, where you going Tris?" He commands.

" To a friends house," I replied.

"Fine whatever." He states. I run out the door and jump into my car.

I drive as fast as I can. What if he got ran over? I park into his driveway and I run to his door. I pound on it several times.

"Four!" I exclaim. I try the doorknob, it's locked. I do one thing only a crazy person will do.

I kick the door open. I run up to his room. I open it, and yell," Tobias!" He isn't there. Now I'm really worried.

I run into every room, he's not there...oh my god. Where is he? My head hurts as I think of the possibilities.

"Tobias!" I yell louder. I run back into his room, his soap and metal smell goes to my nostrils and I lose it. I fall to my knees and my eyes get watery, but I hold in my tears as they threaten to spill.

I stand up and ponder where he went. Maybe he's just out. Wait, no... I'll call his phone.

I hear a faint ring and I walk deeper into his room. Once I hear it clearly, I look around. It's on a desk, I walk to it frantically. He never goes anywhere without his phone. I end the call.

I don't understand what is happening. I get so worried that my stomach clenches. I take a deep, shaky breath in and slowly exhale.

I need to figure out where he is.

I will try to find him. No... I WILL find him.