Chapter 9

Italy is beautiful ^❤️🇮🇹

Looking out the plane windows I couldn't believe it, if this was dream leave me the fuck alone!

I had finally escaped a place I thought I was going to die at. That place where every memory or thought I had was gone.  I guess my mother was right it's great to have hope.

The mysterious man that helped me wrapped my ankle giving me more care than I got at the house, I should really find out his name. I'm bad with meaning people and not knowing their names.

"So, are you going to tell me your story or and I supposed to guess it?" The man said pulling me out of my thoughts.

I stayed quiet ... of course I owed him my whole entire existence for helping me but still stranger danger is real!

"How about this I ask you a question about yourself then you ask me a question. One each." He smiled sitting a good distance away from me.

"Ok I'll go first. How old are you?" He asked first.

"I'm eighteen and what is your name?" Ha see I did it!

"Lionel. Why are you running away?"

He asked me but I kinda diverted the question I didn't trust him that much for all I know he might take me to be his slave or something.

"It gets me to places faster." I said with glee and his face rose with a smirk.

"You didn't ask me a question?" He spoke.

"Oh. How did you get into the mafia?" I asked and it seemed like he was taken back by my question. He looked out the window for about 3 mins and than finally answered "just like you I guess, born into hell with nothing to do about it." He said taking a sharp breath in before speaking again.

"Right but I haven't heard of you all this time?! Where have you've been?! How do you know AJ?!" I asked in Curiosity awaiting some real answers.

"One question per person remember." He said to me still smirking at me.

"Now. How and why did you decide you wanted to escape the mafia?" He asked trying to be specific to his follow up question.

"Well. I've been trapped in a cell for 11 years of my life and was released for like 10 seconds but of course only to be forced into a arrange marriage to the French mafia. So, I decided it was time to pack my bags!"

I said truthfully but in a funny ironic way because I'm supposed to be a mafia princess, the one who dances at balls, has thousands of gowns, the one who taught the world is a scary place and only to rely on yourself.

That last will stick to me forever as I go further.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." He said looking at me in a nice way not sympathy but just kind. I didn't know this man well. Lionel seemed like someone who could lead and put all trust in.

I swear I would take him over anyone in the American mafia especially Mitchell.

9 hours later

After our little chat he went on his phone and I went to lay down for a little. She had a life before this so, how did she get involved?

I'm so selfish not even a single thought about Maria came to me. So busy on focusing on my own life shes the one who sacrificed hers.

I played with my mother's necklace tracing over the bolded letters feeling a sense of loneliness.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Lionel called me through the doorway.