Chapter 19

Alya Nawaz knocked on Cory's door, a sad look on her face as he opened it

Alya Nawaz knocked on Cory's door, a sad look on her face as he opened it. He looked at her, his eyes flowing with hundreds of different emotions.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen" She said

Cory nodded and invited her inside, passing her a cup of tea as he lead her towards his living room. She glanced at the purple walls, smiling at the paintings.

"Cory, i'm so sorry" Alya said "I would never intentionally hurt you, you know that"

"I know" Cory said

"How was the hospital?" Alya asked

"He's been sectioned" Cory replied

"Oh, i'm sorry" Alya said

"How's the new place?" Cory changed the subject

"I'm sharing what can only be described as a shed with my extended family" Alya giggled

"So, no pool?" Cory chuckled

"Over swimming" Alya smiled "Chlorine dries the skin"

Cory stood up and walked towards Alya. She placed an arm around the back of his neck, bringing him down to her level as the teenagers pressed their lips together.

They were interrupted by the Murgatroyd family walking in with chips and gravy. Sam and Candice jumped back in horror when they saw the teenagers kissing, cringing at the sight.

"Seriously?" Candice scoffed

"Poor Liliana" Sam rolled her eyes

-

Liliana arrived at school the next day and was immediately pulled to one side by Riz. She frowned and followed the boy to the steps where Alya was stood.

"What's all this about?" Liliana asked

"Me and Cory" Alya said "We kissed"

Liliana shook her head and took a step back, feeling dizzy. She felt her head began to pound as her hands began to shake.

"It didn't mean anything, I was just there and he was emotional and it was heat of the moment, I promise" Alya said

Liliana shook her head, spinning round and walking straight into the person she wanted to avoid more than anything. She knew he was going through a lot so she didn't want to cause any drama.

"Why are you crying?" Cory asked

"I told her" Alya said "That we kissed"

"It didn't mean anything" Cory said "Please, I can't lose you"

"You're not going to lose me" Liliana said "I just need you to decide whether you want to be with me or not"

"I do, so badly" Cory said with a sigh

"Cory, I don't think you'll ever truly understand how much I adore you" Liliana said "I just want you to be happy"

"I know" Cory nodded with his head hanging low

"Seeing you so scared and upset really really got to me Cory, I don't want you to ever feel alone again" Liliana said "Please, believe me"

"I do, I believe you" Cory nodded "I just think we need some space from each other, okay?"

Liliana nodded and walked away from the boy, immediately collapsing into floods of sobs. It wasn't so much the fact that Cory had kissed Alya, he knew it didn't mean anything, It was more so the fact that she just wanted clarification.