11

Blue smoke surrounded Jaylah, she looked to be alone

Blue smoke surrounded Jaylah, she looked to be alone. Terrified beyond belief. No Gamora. No Rocket. No Groot. No Drax.

No Peter.

"Peter?" Jaylah's voice called out.

Nothing.

Not a single sound could be heard. Her eyes dart around the emptiness, the blue smoke was so thick it only made it more harder to see around her.

"Hello-?" She calls out.

Nothing.

"Can anybody hear me-!" She yells.

Nothing.

"Help me!" She screams.

Jay.

Jay.

"Jaylah-!" Yelled a familiar voice.

Jaylah woke up back on the Milano. She was sitting up in her quarters, on her bed with her hand resting on her chest. She felt her heart beat fast, and she tried to calm down.

"You okay?" It was Peter's voice, "I heard some cries out for help."

Jaylah refused to look at Peter. She felt too ashamed of this. Him coming to her aid, yet again like she was a child. She wasn't a child, she was twenty-six years old for god sake.

"Sorry," Jaylah finally responded.

Peter looks at her with concern, he moved over and sat on her cot. She didn't move to make room, nor still avoided eye contact.

"You haven't had nightmares since you were nine." Peter says, "What was it?"

Jaylah bit her lip, "Nothing-," She says.

"Jay," He says, "We know how those nightmares use to effect you, because I don't need you all spacey on this mission. I don't want you to risk yourself or someone else."

Jaylah finally looked at him, "I won't, Pete. When have I ever made you question my ability to do a mission?"

"Never," He says.

Jaylah nods, "Then there you go."

Peter sighs. He knows he isn't going to get anywhere with her, so instead he gets up and walks over to the door leading out of her quarters. He stands there for a moment before turning to look back at her.

"Were they the same nightmares or something new?" He asks.

She gives him a look, but he turns around and gives her a similar look. She lowers her walls and knows he is only concerned with her well-being.

"They aren't about my parents if that's what your implying." She says, "I don't know what it was."

Peter nods and picks at his jacket, "Oh, okay." He turns to her, "Get yourself ready because we're almost there."