06

They made their way to the Collector's massive room of collections

They made their way to the Collector's massive room of collections. Carina, the assistant to the Collector was talking to them about how they house a lot of relics, species, and so on.

Jaylah looked around and just seemed freaked out to say the least.

"I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, the Collector." Carina says.

Gamora and the Collector walk towards each other. The others were behind Gamora as she stepped over to the Collector.

"Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet in the flesh." The Collector say and kisses her hand.

"Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have what we discussed." Gamora said.

The Collector's eyes drift from Gamora. He began to note who she had brought with her. He sees Peter and Jaylah, and passes them off but noticed Groot.

"What is that thing there?" The Collector asks.

"I am Groot," Groot says.

The Collector was so interested. He walks over to Groot and inspects the tree creature, though Rocket didn't like it.

"I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir, you must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course." The Collector had turned to Peter for the last part.

Groot looks confused, "I am Groot."

Rocket steps forward, "Why, so he could turn you into a frickin' chair?" He asks.

The Collector looked at Rocket, "That's your pet?" He asks Peter.

"His what?" Rocket got angry and grabbed his weapon.

The Collector laughs, but Jaylah halts Rocket from doing what he wished to the Collector. Gamora stepped over to gain the Collector's attention again.

"Tivan, we have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this orb." Gamora said.

The Collector nods, "Very well, then. Let's see what you've brought." He says.

Gamora glanced to Peter. He reaches into his bag and grabs the orb, however, he drops it. Although, Jaylah's quick reflexes grabbed it before it hit the ground.

"Here you go," Jaylah said.

The Collector looks at Jaylah and smiles as he takes the orb from her. He held the orb just kept looking at her, something about her face looked familiar.

"Tivan?" Gamora asks.

The Collector kept his eyes on Jaylah, "I'm sorry, milady." He smiles, "You just look like a face from my past."

Jaylah's gaze turn to Peter's. He gives her a shrug as they follow the Collector to his table where he had an assortments of other varies items.

"Oh, my new friends. Before creation itself, there were six singularities." He says as he unlocks the orb, "Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. Infinity Stones. These stones, it seems, can only be brandished by beings or extraordinary strength. Observe." The Collector said.