第14章:本当の気持ち

CHAPTER 14: The Real Feelings

Oikawa sighed and sat up. He was on his bed, trying to sleep but he couldn't. The room was dark but his undrawn curtains let some light from the moon to shine his room even if it's only for a bit. He looked at the clock. It was 2 in the morning.

He got up and changed to a white t-shirt and black track pants and left his house, not forgetting to grab his Aoba Jousai jacket. The night breeze was cool and there were hardly any people on the street. He had his earphones on and his phone tucked into his pants' pocket. His strides were slow and leisure and he stared at the sky as he walked.

Finally, he arrived at the bridge; the special route Sorano uses every time she leaves work. As told, the stars were abundant on the night sky, twinkling and sparkling. It felt so therapeutic. The full moon shone as brightly, slightly covered by some clouds. Oikawa smiled, resting his arms against the railing, admiring the beautiful view. The wind blew softly.

'Oikawa-san?'

He turned to look. 'Sorano-chan, good work for today.' Oikawa said, smiling. Sorano smiled back and jogged to him. She was wearing a white sportswear jacket over a black t-shirt.

'Stargazing?' she asked.

Oikawa nodded, pulling out his earphones. 'I couldn't sleep and I thought of this place.'

'We haven't come here together for a while,' said Sorano, looking up. 'This is an opportunity.'

'How was work?' he queried, not averting his gaze away from the sky.

'As usual, not too hectic but still busy,' Sorano replied. She looked at the guy from the corner of her eyes. 'Are you usually up at this hour?'

'Kind of,' said Oikawa. 'I don't sleep easily unless I'm too tired.'

'We're probably the same. My sleeping schedule is all messed up and I couldn't get myself accustomed to sleeping earlier than midnight.'

'Sucks to be us, while everyone else gets to enjoy a good sleep.' Oikawa smiled sadly at her.

'I say,' Sorano turned to him. 'I'm kind of glad now that I don't sleep at this hour. I get to enjoy this view with you.'

Oikawa fell silent and felt his face heat up. He didn't quite understand why he would feel embarrassed by that statement but he thought he blushed so he looked away. They both didn't say anything for a long moment then Sorano suddenly sighed.

'Kise received an acting offer letter.' She spoke.

Oikawa gaped. 'Oh? Isn't that a good thing?'

'It is,' said Sorano, looking at the river below them. The water reflected the moonlight. 'But that'd mean the end of my managing him.'

He turned. 'Why so?'

The wind began blowing strongly. Oikawa glanced at the sky and saw lightning far across the bridge. It was about to rain but Sorano seemed not to notice. She obviously did not like the idea of Kise acting.

Sorano's gaze was full of sorrow and worry. 'Kise wouldn't be a freelancer so his schedule would be fixed for as long as the shooting goes. I have classes to attend and the shooting locations would differ once a while, I can't always be there for him. I also have my job at the pub...' she trailed off and Oikawa saw her eyes became watery.

'You can always say no, Sorano-chan.' he assured her.

'But then I'd be interfering with his career and minimizing his potential,' she shook her head. 'I'd be a selfish person.'