•sixteen•

K I S S M E
💋

t h i r d

mackenzie stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror and sighed. she has been staring at herself for the past 3 and a half minutes after she told her friends that she needed to 'fix up her hair' when she really just needed a break. she craved a break from all her friends and especially a break from the boys, well johnny and will if we're being particular.

the brunette rested her hands on the brim of the white sink and let out a deep breath she didnt know she had. why have they been acting do... different? she thought to herself

a series of soft bangs echoed through the newly renervated bathroom door, "mackenzie, are you okay in there?" the voice was familiar, deep but not overly masculine. it was the voice of joey birlem.

"huh, oh y-yes sorry ill be two secs" she called out, snapping out of her thoughts that rattled around inside her head.
the brunette quickly adjusted her hair and unlocked the oak door, revealing a very confused boy leaning against the door frame. the boy stepped back slighlty and ran his hands through his dark chestnut brown hair.

"hey joey, sorry about that i didn't know there um was a line" she cleared her throat as she looked up from the wooden floors awkwardly. "no, no i didnt have to use the bathroom i wanted to talk to you" he grabbed the brunettes wrist and sat her down onto the black leather couch

"so im sure you're pretty aware of this, but i just wanted to ask it from your perspective since its kind of effecting both of us" the boy sat down besides her and ran his hands through his hair once again. mackenzie looked at him with a confused look on her face, she had no idea what he was talking about.

"im not following?" she said, waiting for him to explain what he was talking about. "oh i forgot to tell you what i was talking about didnt I?" he laughed at himself "its about my sister and johnny" he whsiper screamed so that no one could hear, not that anyone could since they were all outside in the pool.

"okay first of all, why are you whispering we are inside and everyone else is outside" the brunette looked over to the door where the faint outlines of bodies could be seen infront of the glaring sun. "and second of all, what do you want me to say about it? i don't know anything about them, he hasnt told me anything" she began fiddling with her fingerings which was a habbit that mackenzie had when she found herself in uncomfortable situations. it wasnt joey that made her uncomfortable, it talking about johnny with someone else that made her slightly nervous.

"look, i know that he's been acting... strange recently, but i just wanted to know if this had anything to do with you know, them being around each other recently" the boy mummbled as he bit the inside of his gum. "hanging around each other?" mackenzie lifted her head and questioned what she had just heard.

"yeah, the other day sophia said she was going to the park after dinner to go see johnny, i thought you would have known since you guys are best friends" joey replied with a confused look on his face. "no, no i did not" the brunette huffed as she slouched back into the couch.

"he's just been so strange recently after he asked me if it was okay if he started becoming closer with sophia" mackenzie grabbed a pillow and burried her face into it. "wait he seriously asked you that?" the brown haired boy asked, looking behind him with a puzzled look on his face.

"mhm" mackenzie replied, with her face still burried in the pillow. "wow, he really is an idiot" he chuckled slightly as he leaned back onto the couch next to mackenzie. "now what would make you say that?" mackenzie replied sarcastically as she un-burried her face out of the pillow. "well, he used to talk about you, like a LOT it was cute but it got annoyed and the after your little talk he shut up and nobody really knew why" he sighed staring up at the cheaply painted ceilings.