•twelve•

K I S S M E

💋

t h i r d ✰

johnnhy sat patiently on mackenzie's bed waiting for the brunette to arrive home. even though he had told her to tap on his window, he didn't want to wait around knowing if she was home or not.

the noise of the front door shutting perked up johnny's ears. mackenzie has finally come home. he shot up from her bed and began pacing across her room, ideas popping into his head of what to say to her.

her soft footsteps became louder and louder as she made her way towards her bedroom. her hand gripped the crystal door knob, opening up her door. she set her redbubble pinned kanken backpack down on her floor, besides her door. as she turned around, to her surprise she saw a very pale faced looking johnny orlando. a gasp escaped her mouth as she spun around in fear, running her hands through her chocolate brown hair.

"what the fuck are you doing here? i thought i was supposed to tap at your window when i was ready!" she exclaimed, making her way over to where he was.

although mackenzie was surprised to see him, she was torn two ways. one part of her wanted to run into his arms and go back to normal times but then all the memories from the night before cane rushing back.

"your mum let me in..." he cleared his throat as he began to stare at his hands. the brunette sighed as she unwillingly dragged the chair from her desk in front of where johnny was sitting. it wasn't in mackenzies best interest to have this conversation as she was exhausted from barely getting any sleep from the night before.

"so.." her voice trailed off as she sighed. her foot silently tapped the metal foot of her chair as she anticipated what was going to play out.

"look, i don't want to fight with you so i just wanna say i'm really sorry about whatever i did wrong last night, i never wanted to hurt you and i want you to know that" his eyes locked with hers as he softly spoke what he thought was right.

"but you see, you don't know what you did and i don't want to just forgive you for the kicks so everything can be good again and i understand it wasn't in your best interests to go out of your way to hurt me but do you understand where i'm coming from?" the brunette slouched back in her seat, her voice was struck in pain as she fought back tears that she so desperately didn't want to escape.

the dirty blonde opened his mouth, but hesitated and thought through what he was going to say. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry for not giving you any attention last night and i'm sorry for being a jackass" he puffed as he cross his feet. his eyes twinkled in the sun that was slowly setting behind them.

the two sat in silence, the sound of there heavy breaths filled the room and mackenzie wanted to do was run into the boy in front of her arms but she stopped reminding herself of what she really wanted to know about.

"i have one more thing" the brunette brushed a strand of lose hair out from her face. "whats honestly going on between you and sophia" she held her breathe as she waited for a response.

johnny didn't know what to say because he didn't know what they were. "i- i dont know yet" he stumbled on his words.

"what do you mean i don't know yet?" the brunette sat up straight in her chair as she furrowed her brows, unsure of what the boy was trying to say.

"i mean i don't know, she asked me if i wanted to go out for ice cream and i haven't replied because i wanted your opinion" he looked up at the brunette waiting for a response. johnny didn't want mackenzie to agree because deep down he knew that sophia wasn't the one he wanted, it was mackenzie and he didn't know how to tell her.

a hot flush passed through mackenzies face as she swallowed a hard lump in her throat. "i-i think you should go for it, it's not everyday someone as pretty as sophia asks you out" she forced out a small laugh. mackenzie thought about the night before, how he was having fun without her and so she didn't want to see her best friend unhappy because she was the one to hold him back. instead, she would rather have her heart torn than tear her best friends and that is what made her say yes to something she would later regret.

"o-oh ok i just um wanted you to approve you know?" little did the brunette know that he was torn apart inside. the dirty blonde forced a small smile on his face as he gazed up into mackenzies hazel brown eyes. he cleared his throat once more before raising up from her bed.

mackenzie rose from her chair to follow him out the door but the dirty blonde paused and turned around. he spoke no words but embraced his best friend into a hug as he smelt the familiar faint scent of her strawberry shampoo and she inhaled the muscular scent of his cologne.  he took the brunette by the hand and together they walked down the stairs of the ziegler residence. as mackenzie unlocked the front door, the dirty blonde turned around. "you know i'm glad we had that talk, it kind of refreshed me" the brunette softly chuckled.

"well, i'm glad that you're feeling refreshed. i guess i'll see you tomorrow then johnny o sings" she replied as johnny made his way further down the drive way.

"same to you mack z!" he called back. mackenzie stood in the doorway until the boy had made his way inside his own house before she made her way back inside. a heavy sigh was released as mackenzie shut the door behind her before silently making her way upstairs back into her room. she shut the white wood door behind her and stood there expressionless before slowly sliding down the wall and erupting into a pool of sobs.

little did she know that the boy next door to her, was doing the exact same thing.

if only they knew......

///////////////////////////////////////////
JULIA SPEAKS!

lol i didn't proof check this yeet
that made me a tad depressed but you gotta #yolo it

lol anyway did this even make anyone sad I FEEL LIKE THIS IS SO BAD anywhore comment sum good netflix movies/tv shows because idk what to watch

get this to 10 votes and i'll update🥰
—————————————————————–—