Christmas

I wasn't wanted here. No one wanted me here and I couldn't even blame them. I felt uncomfortable here.

How could I have been so dumb. How could I....

I just couldn't believe it.

I looked at Kade and I grinned at him trying to hide the pain and confusion.

" Well Kade. When would you like to open up your gifts." I asked him.

He shrugged his shoulders.

" Well I couldn't get much since I had to pay rent to Chad but I did get you one thing, that I hope you enjoy.  " I said smiling at him

He looked at me with wide eyes.

" Follow me ." I said

I grabbed Madi and we all walked passed everyone opening up their fancy gifts in the living room. We had spent our days in the bedroom. Just trying to make it thru one day at a time.

No one acknowledged us anymore. Which I was more hurt because Kade didn't deserve this.

I opened the garage door and there was the bike i got Kade.

His face lit up with excitement!.

It was the best thing I've seen in a while. He was so happy he hugged me so tight and then ran to his bicycle with training wheels.

"Can we go outside?!" He said smiling

" Its snowing so bad , so maybe once it starts melting " I said.

" I love it Jade . Thank you!." He said smiling.

"  Its all I could afford. I'm sorry Kade. I will get you more stuff next year. I promise " I said running my fingers thru his hair.

" Thank you!" He said again

I walked into the bedroom and left the kids in there while I warmed us up some noodles and made a sandwhich. I wasnt even going to try to eat with the family or what the family was eating. I didn't want any drama today. 

" Why are you using our shit" Chads girlfriend asked walking into the kitchen.

I didn't answer.

I just kept making our food.

She pushed me . And I stopped

"Please leave me alone. " I said looking at her.

" Then answer me ," she said as she got loud on purpose.

" You're just trying to start shit" I said finishing up

" What's the problem?" Chad asked as he walked into the kitchen

" This bitch think she can talk to me any kind of way!" She said looking at Chad. 

" No. I was minding my own business , trying to make food for us so we arent bothering anyone" I said confused.

I was shoved my Chad's girlfriend.

I shoved her back and thats when Chad got into the middle and pushed me against the stove.  I yelled out in pain as he gripped my neck.

He drug me into the hallway as he unleashed his anger out on me. Everyone watched and didn't say anything.

He punched me multiple times until I couldn't stand upright.

I tried to protect my face but he hit me else where.

Blood poured from different spots.

" please stop!" Kade said running out the room. " Please!" He said pulling Chad off of me.

I collapsed on the floor.

It has never been this bad. He has never been this bad. Its not safe here anymore. 

Blood filled my ear. I sat up against the wall as Kade held onto me.

" I'm giving you 3 months to get out of my house" he said as his fist were bloody.

I couldn't hold my head up to even look at him..

I could feel both of my eyes swelling. 

Kade cried and cried. 

" Stop crying Kade. I'll be okay. You have to be strong. I'm not always going to be here amd I have to depend on you to look out for Madi. You can't do that if your crying okay " I said

" Okay Jade" he said trying to calm himself.

I rubbed his head and we slowly got up.

" Go get the food on the stove and then come right back" I said as I sat on the bed .

He walked out and got the food. He fed Madi and himself.

I have to get us out of the house. We cant stay here anymore

This was the last straw. My kids and I deserve better.