[21] this is your god now.

THIS IS YOUR GOD NOW.

A few weeks had passed and I was beyond glad to be back in Freeridge after that meeting fiasco. I wanted to say I was glad to be home, but the Diaz household wasn't a household anymore. Not without Cesar. Even if Oscar and I were on good terms now, a piece of our little family is still missing. I was looking for a way to get him back without looking weak and going against Los Santos rules.

Sometimes - when the nights were dark and long and memories of his head full of black hair and white smile came into my mind - I didn't mind looking weak if it meant he was back under the same roof as me.

I had gotten one Diaz brother back, but what was life if you didn't have both of them next to you? It's like only having one glove. Without the other one there, you felt the difference.

"Violetta," Oscar's voice sounded, pulling me from my thoughts.

My head snapped towards the kitchen to see him standing there with a plate of pancakes. I got up from the couch and walked over to him, taking the plate from his hands. "Thank you."

"De nada," he nodded. "What's got you so into your thoughts?"

"Nothing," I shook my head, pouring the syrup on my plate.

"So, Cesar then."

I looked up at him and he was giving me a sad smile. "He's all you seem to think about these days even though you have a bajillion gangs to run."

"I miss him, Oscar," I admitted, sadly.

"I miss him, too."

"Do you think he's doing okay?"

"Last I heard he was staying with Jamal."

"That's good," I said, nodding in approval. "Jamal's good."

"Eat," he instructed, sliding a glass of orange juice my way.

I nodded and began to shovel the pancakes in my mouth. Oscar started cleaning up the kitchen when there was a loud knock on the door. He stalked towards the front door and opened it up. His eyes slightly widened at whoever was on the other side.

"Catalina," he said and I jumped off the stool, walking up beside him.

He wasn't lying. There she was in broad daylight standing on the porch. Her hair was down and she was wearing jeans with a bomber jacket. I instantly smiled at her. If she was here, it meant she had forgiven us - or me, at least.

"Cat," I grinned. "I'm so happy to see you."

I opened my arms and walked to her for a hug, but she dodged my grip, holding a hand up to me. "Actually," she began, turning to Oscar, "I'm here to talk to you."

"Wanna come in?" he gestured, stepping to the side.

She didn't say anything, but brushed past him. I looked at him confused and he shrugged, closing the door. He walked up to her and I stood back, watching their conversation.

"What's up, C?" he asked.

"I want to be in Los Santos," she said, simply.

Both Oscar and I were taken aback.

"What?" we asked, simultaneously.

"I wanna be in the gang," she repeated. "So, how does this work? You beat me up or rape me or what?"

"It doesn't matter because you're not joining Los Santos," I butted in, stepping beside Oscar with my arms crossed.

She glared at me. "I'm asking Oscar. Not you."