[14] el héroe sin nombre.

EL HÉROE SIN NOMBRE.

"Wakey, wakey," I heard Cain's voice sing from what seemed like a mile away.

I began opening my eyes, but quickly shut them again when a surge of pain shot through my skull. Compared to the headache I was feeling now the headache I had yesterday was nothing. With a couple more tries to get my eyes open they finally stayed that way. Unlike the night before the warehouse was full of light. The sun was shining through the ceiling windows and I could see the blue skies surrounding it.

I noticed there were way less of his henchmen standing around. Instead of fifteen there were only three, including Blondie standing next to me with a scowl on her face. I snapped my head up expecting to see the men that were in the shadows last night, but nobody was on the walkways.

"Buenos Días, Violetta," Cain smiled from the chair that was still sitting in front of me. "How you feeling?"

"Pretty shitty considering you knocked me out," I answered.

"I apologize. The hit was harder than I intended," he said, leaning back in the chair. "You've been asleep for an entire day."

"It's Saturday?" I asked, surprised. He nodded.

It was Olivia's birthday. Her quince was tonight.

"It's finally the day," he announced, his sinister smile getting bigger.

"What are you talking about?"

"Today is the day you die," he revealed. "It was supposed to be yesterday, but I didn't feel right killing your while you were unconscious. You just looked so peaceful."

"How thoughtful," I said, dryly.

The advantage of it being light outside and having less henchmen around definitely would make my escape easier and it gave me a better chance of getting away successfully. But I realized it didn't matter. There was no way I was getting out of these chains. They were too tight and I couldn't get anything that would make it slippery enough to get my hands through. It was hopeless.

I was going to die here.

He chuckled before standing up. "I'll be back. Roma and Jackson come with me."

Blondie stepped forward. "I'm supposed to go with you and Roma was supposed to stay and watch her. Remember?"

Cain stopped in his tracks. He turned around and slowly walked to her until there was only an inch that separated them.

"I am your leader. Am I not?" he asked, his voice stern.

She nodded, gulping. "Yes."

"That means I remember what I say. I remember telling you that, but I changed my mind. You don't have a problem with that, do you?"

She shook her head. "Of course not."

"Next time, do what I tell you to do instead of questioning me," he said, taking a step back. He brought his hand up and forcefully connected it with her forehead. She stumbled back but quickly regained her balance. "Maybe now you'll use your fucking brain."

He turned around and began walking again. "Let's go. Ándale!" he called to the other two. They followed right behind him as they walked in sync out the door.

Blondie watched their retreating figures with a glare before shaking her head. She noticed me staring at her and said, "What the fuck you looking at?"

"He always treat you like that?" I asked, nodding to the door.

"That''s none of your business," she spat, going back to her tall stance next to me.