After Story 2 - Swimming in a World of Sweetness

Start from the beginning

I swam forward gently, letting my fingers slide through he water. As I looked around, I saw Skyra still sitting on the edge of the pool, but a girl had joined him. She looked completely different, but it was definitely a person I had seen before. Her hair was a reddish-brown colour, but it was quickly noted that she liked to change the colour of her hair fairly regularly. Another thing of note was that she stayed close to Skyra a lot of the time. Of course, it was Sakura. Except, it wasn't Sakura. At least, that wasn't her name any more. Much like Skyra kept his real name under lock and key, Sakura had only recently revealed her true colours. Her real name was Liv, short for Olivia. It was clear to see that she obviously felt safe around Skyra, and considering that, the decision for her to reveal her true identity seemed completely reasonable. Skyra and Liv had a connection that was clear, but he hadn't spoken too much about it yet. Not that it mattered too much, I just preferred to let them be happy.

After a few minutes, a door opened and Nelly slowly appeared. She held her arms close into her body and shut the door slowly, moving cautiously. I stopped swimming and what little momentum I had caused me to float slowly as I watched her. “Wow...” I stared. She wandered over to the steps in embarrassment, with her cheeks red and her eyes down. I had been watching her too long and forgot to kick my legs or move my arms. I coughed spluttered as water went into my mouth, and I rectified myself, blushing. I was treading water as I watched her climb into the pool. “Wow...” I thought to myself again. She seemed less shy once her body was underwater, and she swam towards me. I stood on my toes and held my arms out wide. Nelly floated into my arms and I held her close.

“H-hi...” She smiled.

“Hey...” I smiled back. “You don't have to be embarrassed...”

She looked down and blushed again. “But it... It feels weird wearing this...”

“You look beautiful in anything.” I held her shoulders.

“Mmf...”

Then, the adults came out, and Maruki was wearing armbands. Darragh was holding a rubber ring – presumably for the boy. I caught my mother's eye and she looked at me with a look that embarrassed me.

“Let's go for a swim.” I suggested. Nelly agreed, and I reluctantly let go of her. She took the lead and I followed, taking a deep breath and plunging under the water.

Everyone was now swimming around, having fun and laughing. Nelly and I were up at the deep end, hanging onto the side. “Did you enjoy your birthday?” She asked.

“Of course I did.” I nodded. “You were there.”

“Oh, you...”

She moved closer and slowly wrapped her arms under mine and hung onto my shoulders. I supported her body with my left hand, and held us both up with my right hand on the side. “I... I love you.” I said as water droplets rolled over my lips.