chapter ten

"i've seen some hate but i don't really care, the amount of good definitely makes it better" i say to anthony as i read comments.

it's been two full weeks of dating and a lot of people suspected something was up between us during live-streams, tiktoks and pics on insta. they started to 'ship' us but this time i didn't shut them down because for once they were true.

we decided to announce that we were dating once we got back home.

"you up for a game of pool? me and you vs elmo and hannah"

"i'm so down" i say as he grabs onto my hand and pulls me up from the couch.

we walk into the pool table room and verse each other. anthony and i won, hannah and elmo only having one ball left.

we decided to play one more round, this time hannah and i versing elmo and anthony.

after a very long game, hannah and i very surprisingly came out on top.

"i must be dreaming, there's no way we lost to the two worst players ever!" elmo exclaims as we laugh.

we join everyone in the video game room as we all take turns playing video games.

this has become such an every day thing and i was gonna miss it so much. only two weeks until we go home.

josh, hannah and jackson say goodbye to everyone as they leave to get groceries for this week.

i play with everyone and even make tiktoks too.

i sat on anthony's lap as he wrapped his arms around me, placing his hands over mine which were on the controller trying to play.

"press X!"

"press square!"

"l1 r1 combo baby you've got this, l1 r1!"

after a bit everyone decided they wanted to play soccer outside. sam and payton find the soccer balls in the back and pump them up. once things were set up, we chose our teams and started to play. we played until it was penalty kick and anthony was in goals.

he kept on pulling faces at me as i laughed.

"anthony stop, you're gonna make me miss!"

"good"

i finally kick the ball and miss as anthony cheers.

"that's so unfair! anthony was distracting me on purpose!" i whine as sam shakes his head and blows his whistle, which came out of nowhere!

"red card for hailey!"

"what! where did you even get those cards from? and what did i do? i don't deserve a red card!"

sam continues to blow the whistle until i finally walk and sit on the bench syd was sitting at alone.

"hey syd, everything alright?"

"well, i just don't wanna think about going back to school in two weeks. i mean, you guys and tiktok are the best things that have ever happened to me. you guys treat me so well and never judge me for what i do and i guess the kids in my grade judge me a lot"

syd got very emotional as i wrapped my arms around him and listened to what he had to say.

"i love you syd! we all love you and we're all here for you! we have the diggers group chat and even the whole group chat with all of us! even though we live in different time zones, you could call us or me any time you want!"

"fuck hailey, i love you"

"i love you so much more!"

we tightly hug each other until we pull away in fright of sam continuously blowing the whistle.