I looked around the mostly empty hallway and noticed how quiet it was. And it felt like something was missing. It didn't take long before I realized.

"Hey, Tuck," I said.

"Yes?" He closed his locker, holding his science book. Which looked to be really heavy by the way.

"Where's Sam?" I asked, letting my arms slide thru the sleeves of my jacket.

"Also home, puking." He answered. "You didn't notice she was gone until now?" Tucker added and frowned.

I rubbed my neck, slightly looking away from Tucker.

"Well, sorry. We only share PE on Wednesday, I didn't notice until now."

Tucker smiled at my shy behavior, probably because he enjoys toying with my feelings towards Sam.

Paulina and her bestie Star walked by, which finally stole Tucker's attention away from me. The reason Tucker now stood, following them with his gaze -weirdly of course- is because they are, after all, two of the most popular girls at school- Casper high-. Paulina looking hot with Dark black hair, tanned skin and teal colored eyes. Star looking cute with light skin, blond hair and blue eyes. Though students are wondering if Star's popularity only exists thanks to Paulina.

I kinda had a thing for Paulina once. Not anymore though.

Not since Sam stepped into my life. That was around 2 years ago, and no, we're not together. I can't make myself tell her my feelings, so we're still stuck in the friendzone.

However, Tucker is still interested in Star... And every other existing girl at this school that has blond hair and a pair of boobs.

But the thing is, no one knows that we exist. So that's tedious. Poor Tucker.

"Do you think Sam needs something. You know like, painkillers, Tylenol or whatever?" I asked and succeeded in bringing Tucker's attention back to me again.

"Nah, her rich ass family has her covered," Tucker said, looking down at his PDA for a second. Probably checking the time.

Yes, Sam is rich. Well, her family is, which makes her rich too. Though she's not like Paulina or Star who run around and spend their money on expensive things they don't need.

Sam doesn't 'look' like she's rich. That's probably why we didn't believe her at first, but then she showed us her house and holy moly! It's big. She has a bowling hall in her basement for god's sake.

Well, I have a lab in my basement. I don't know how my parents could afford that, but they did.

I nodded at Tucker and grabbed my backpack from the floor.

"We should call her though. Just to check how she's feeling. " I said and Tucker agreed.

"Anyways, I gotta go and study," Tuck said and pointed with his thumb behind his shoulder.

"Yeah? Good luck with that." I said and chuckled. Knowing that he would probably sit in the cafeteria with his PDA up in his face.

Tucker frowned like he could read my mind. He shook his head and smiled.

"See ya!" He ended up saying while he turned around to walk away.

I saluted him and turned to walk the opposite way.

Our lockers were pretty close to the main doors so it didn't take long before I was outside with fresh air blowing my way. It was quite windy today, but the sun was bright and warm so the wind fit in perfectly. Summer is closing in and soon I will be free for around 2 months.