Chapter 11 - Troubles for Liars

Sonia's POV

The last thing I've ever wanted in my life was to mix with some exasperate rich guy. What is wrong with him. We keep quarreling like some couples in a 'pull and push relationship'.

" Don't mention his name or whatsoever again in front of me," I mimicked his voice, imagining it in the depths of my thoughts. I shook them off as I knew it would infuriate him even further and I don't wish our relationship to be even more awkward than this - Jacob is practically ignoring me.

We are now in his luxurious bedroom, sipping on the smoothies Gerald had brought to us a moment ago. Things had turned into a downpour when I mentioned Aaron. I'm still a pathetic little girl, I guess. Making people angry and stuff really doesn't suit me.

' We don't work well together ' are the only thoughts I have in my mind right now.

I sighed, emptying the smoothie and placing it on the glass table that reflected my weary looks.  I summoned up all my courage and turned to face him.

Although our eyes met contact, his immediately flickered over to the computer upon noticing that I'm staring at him. I went closer to him, inch by inch and grabbed his hands. Squeezing them tightly to gain his attention, I said,

" I'll do the rest of the project by myself." 

That must be the lamest sentence I've ever made in my entire life and its a sentence to dig my own grave too, remembering that our history teacher is also one of the strictest teacher in school. He doesn't allow any excuses for late coming and not handing in homework nonsense. Despite Jacob being the exceptional one here, he doesn't need to come to school anyways since his family is funding the school and donating that much money to them.

I just wanted to talk, trying to lighten the atmosphere. However, Jacob wouldn't appreciate what I've just done. How could anyone in this entire school or better, the entire world be this muddle-headed ? Ok, I think he could be, since he is from a rich family. I bet he doesn't even have any troubles at all, maybe settling everything with money.

Wait, could money buy everything? Yes, although many of those humans out there would reply to that question, " No, money can't buy everything. It couldn't buy love and time." Hmm, I think money could buy love by just hiring a slut who betrays her own body. What about time, they could just bribe people to give them more time like, a business man needing more time to fly over to another country, they could just offer more money to have their partners to wait longer.

I snapped from my reverie when he said in his deep voice,

"OK."

Wow. I certainly did dig my own grave. I couldn't believe that he said yes too.

Well, that small answer just means that he's still not satisfied and not prepared to forgive me for bringing up Aaron in our conversation I think. Well, I don't want to have anything to do with him anymore. My life started to suck when I met him, wait, no. It was that bad from the start.

I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. The silence is killing me, I needed to make up an excuse. What excuse? I thought, trying to squeeze out all my brain juice.

" Oh ! Look at the time! I've got to be going now. I promised my family I would be back home ! " I tried to sound normal but, halfway through my voice cracked leaving me to squeak out the last words of the sentence.

" I'll give you a ride home. "

I looked at him. Bewildered that he spoke a sentence this time.

" Eh, my Mother is coming to fetch me. Haha, I know I have such a loving Mother so, bye! " I slammed the door right after lying.

That was close. I got out of that stuffy place but awesome ! Those sentences I spat just now, got to be the best lie I've ever made, he couldn't have saw through it, right? I bet he didn't !! I encouraged myself.

I laughed humorlessly and quietly to myself as I walked down the stairs to encounter Gerald. He escorted me to the glass door and bid me goodbye. I tried to smile at him and he replied with a nod.

So, I walked outside to absorb the bright sunshine that seemed to cheer me up a bit, strolling on the lonely path. 

I remembered the path the limousine took as I crossed the road and took a shortcut through the alley. Suddenly, a pair of strong hands suddenly gripped me. It baffled me  as one of the hands covered my eyes hindering my eyesight. Was it Jacob? No, it shouldn't be. He wouldn't be using this much strength against me.

Pain spread throughout my whole body as I tried to scream, to no avail as one of his hands covered my mouth. That moment is when I realized who is behind all these acts.

" Hey, bitch. Get closer to Jacob again and it be worse than this-" The blonde haired girl said while flashing a knife.

My eyes widened leaving that blonde haired girl, named Kate grinning mischievously from ear to ear.

She approached me, appearing with her gang of girls or should I say, sluts.

She kicked me in the stomach and even though I don't want to admit it, it hurts as the grip from the hands loosen, I rolled on the floor while the other girls grabbed me by my collars and sneered at me.  One of them rained blows after blows while another took the knife from Kate's hands and managed to slash it through my right arm. It wasn't that bad a cut as I dodged it to avoid a deep wounded one. 

A lightly wounded arm would be better than a deep cut on the arm right? I hope so.

I noticed the oak-sized man, he must have been the one who held me just now, I guess. They could have hired him to increase the odds against me in precaution if I know some martial arts. Unfortunately for me, I don't.

I spat blood, thinking when this will end as I lose consciousness.

Just before I closed my badly bruised eyes, I heard a person screaming and the punchings or kickings stopped. Heavy footsteps were gone, the gang fled, I guess.

A pair of warm hands gently scooped me up, close to his chest when he muttered softly to my ears,

" Sonia, we're heading to the hospital right at this moment."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People ~~ Vote Vote Vote :)

One more thing, the book cover is made by whisperrrmyname100x for free ! She's awesome in making book covers, I love this one very much. Thanks for making my book cover :D

Guys, 5 votes for the next chapter proves that you really want to read my book. If not, no uploads for this book. :O