Chapter One

Olivia's POV

"I just don't see how it's fair that Niall gets to bring four friends and I don't even get to bring one!" I whined at my mom.

"At least you have Shannon! Poor Niall has no guy cousins his age, don't you think he should be able to bring friends?" My mom defended. I sighed and gave up, because clearly there was no end to this argument. I slumped down in my chair and pulled out my phone to text my cousin Shannon. She's also my best friend, and even though we're extremely proud of Niall for being in One Direction, we're just upset we haven't seen him in years. Well, he gave us tickets to one show, but they were in such a rush we didn't even get to talk to them after the show.

'Are you almost at the house? That plane ride was tortuous, you're lucky you got the plane before ours, it was so bumpy and cramped. -O'

'Pulling up to the house now, our ride was fine. Niall isn't here yet, we're the first ones. I'll get us the biggest room, no worries! -S'

It's going to be kind of weird seeing Niall, and I'm a bit more mad that he's bringing friends because then he won't hang out with us. It's been so long since the last time we hung out with him. Shannon, Niall and I used to be best friends too, we were inseparable. But then he went to the X-Factor and we haven't seen him unless it was on stage or a television. It's hard seeing your best friend fade away before your eyes. That's why I was so excited for this vacation, because I would have him back, but now he will be caught up in his own friends and won't remember us. Don't get me wrong, Shannon and I are still extremely proud, I just want my old life back.

"We're here, kids!" My dad yelled to the back of the car. I jumped out the door, my younger sister (7) Phoebe following my lead. I ran into the house and ran up the stairs, examining every detail along the way.

"Shannon?!" I yelled into every room. I ran upstairs and eventually found her in a large room with two full beds, a wardrobe and a large mirror. I could see the room had a walk in closet and an on suite bathroom. I saw Shannon laying out her clothes on one of the beds, and ran to give her a hug.

"I'm so excited! This is going to be the best two weeks! I can't believe we got to come all the way to Florida for this! I'm so excited to see Niall too!" She said breaking away from the hug.

"Me too! How long has it been since we've seen him? Two years?" I asked unzipping one of my suitcases. I brought a lot of clothes, probably more than I would need for a two week vacation. But hey, better safe than sorry!

"I hope his friends are cute!" Shannon said winking. I laughed and shook my head. One of her little sisters, Amelia whose 12, walked in, hearing our conversation.

"I call dibs if one of them is hot!" She said making us burst out into laughter.

"You're weird, get out." Shannon said in mid-laughter. It might sound like we're really mean, but Amelia is a brat.

"How does he even have friends to bring here though? Not to sound mean, but he's been with hardly anyone aside from the other boys in One Direction for the past two years.." I asked Shannon once Amelia was out of the room.

"You know, you're right.. I wonder who he's bringing." She said, taking out a One Direction poster. Then another poster.. and another. Okay this is weird.

"What's with all the posters Shannon..?"

"Well, I was thinking we could have some fun!" She said with an evil grin, "Let's hang these posters up around the boys room.." I laughed and nodded my head, grabbing a bunch of posters. We ran into the only room left, which had three sets of bunk beds and a dresser. We ran in and hung up all the posters, leaving half the room covered. "Oh my god, now I know why he doesn't talk to us.. We're the worst!" Shannon said laughing.