Chapter 10: I stay awake

Michael's POV

Today was actually really fun, I love being around Kara. She's really fun to be with, I don't know how but she makes me feel like everything will be okay. While we were with fans, I couldn't help but feel slightly panicked when we got separated when fans pulled us away from each other. I saw her doing pictures with Ashton and making funny faces as she photobombed some pictures, she's so pretty. I sighed at the thought as a smile made it's way to my face. On the drive back to Ashton's house, we were listening to All Time Low... still. I heard her humming to the songs. I glanced at her a few times, she was just staring out the window. I wonder what's going on in her head. After a few minutes we pulled up to the house and I frowned slightly. I didn't want the fun to end, everything today was awesome. We got out of the car and walked into the house.

Ashton's mum was working night shift so we ended up ordering pizza. We were all sitting in the living room, eating pizza and watching TV. We were all talking and laughing for a few minutes. While we were talking, I noticed Kara kept staring off. She's deep in thought, something's bothering her. I stood up from the couch.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, I'll be back." I say.

"Don't fall in." Calum laughs.

"Shut up Calum." I reply as I walked out of the living room.

Kara's POV

Today was really fun, I love it when we're all together in a group, it makes the day more interesting. But when we were on the way home and I wasn't worrying about Adin I started wondering what would happen when I go back to Melbourne. I don't wanna go back, but I don't know what's going on. If I am going back I don't wanna get too attached to Michael because it would hurt us both when I left. I was then snapped out of my thoughts by Ella who came and sat next to me as soon as Michael left the room.

"You know my brother likes you, you know." She says with a smile on her face.

"What makes you say that?" I ask as I slightly tilted my head.

"Oh come on, don't tell me that you didn't see him watching you while we were with the fans. I'm pretty sure you like him back." She replies. I sigh. "You two get really shy around each other."

"I did make eye contact with him earlier but I didn't think much of it. I... might have a slight crush on him." I whisper. She squeals with excitement which caused me to laugh.

"What's holding you back?" She asks.

"Just... I don't know if I'm going back to Melbourne or not. Plus it would be torcher being without him when he's away on tour. I don't wanna get to close if I'm just gonna end up leaving." I explain as I looked away sadly. She nods in understanding.

"I know what you mean, how do you think I felt when Calum left on tour? I cried a lot." She shrugs. I looked up at her.

"Are you and Calum together?" I ask.

"What? No, but we like each other that's all." She replies. We were quiet for a few seconds. "Hey, tomorrow I can introduce you to my friends and we could show you around Sydney!" She says happily. I shrug.

"Sure, I can't just have 4 friends if I'm gonna be here a while." I laugh and she does the same.

"Oh they'll love you! Tomorrow will be so much fun, I promise." She tells me and a smile made it's way to my face. "I think you should talk to Michael more, when he comes back you should offer to do something with him. He likes you and you like him." She looks at me smiling. I then felt knots of nervousness in my stomach.

"W-what would I ask him or talk to him about?" I ask nervously as I was beginning to fiddle with my hair ties on my wrist.

"You know... he loves to talk about video games and pizza because that's usually all he does on a daily basis. Talk to him about the band and maybe types of music. Just be prepared for questions he might ask you." She explains and I nod in response. I was mentally writing everything down in my head that she said. "Since he likes you, he's gonna ask a lot of questions." She laughs which I did too. I started thinking of what to do and then an idea popped in my head. We could walk around for a little while. I stood up and went upstairs to my room. I slipped on my gray hoodie and I checked myself in the mirror. I smiled slightly to myself, I grabbed my phone. I walked out of my room and saw Michael in the hallway as he left the bathroom.