Chapter 13

I sat there, wallowing in my own self pity.

Why didn't I have powers?

And why did the fact that I didn't, make everyone else that does better than me?

A pair of footsteps was heard around me and I flinched.

"Go away. What else do you want, you already have my pride, dignity, and self confidence." I spat.

The steps faltered, hesitating. "Y/N.." the voice sounded, and I jumped slightly, surprised at who it was. I stood up and spun around quickly, gulping and blinking back tears.

"Carlos." I spluttered, looking down at the ground before at him again guiltily. "Carlos, I- I'm so sorry!" I continued, a single tear sliding down my cheek and I wiped it shamefully away. "I didn't mean to, I swear."

"I know." He said quietly. "I'm the one who should be sorry. You didn't even know I liked you." He murmured, bowing his head as he walked forwards.

"Yeah, but..." I trailed off. He was right. But, I still felt so bad...

"See? Even you know I'm right." He chuckled with a sad smile. He stopped right in front of me, hand reaching up to lift my chin to stare into his eyes, much to my surprise. My eyes, tinted red, stared into his.

Strange. I dreamed of a moment like this for so long. I thought he was the love of my life. Even the thought of his hand brushing mine sent me into a giddy daze.

But now?

I felt nothing.

I smiled slightly anyways, curious as to what he was doing.

"Y/N, I...I want to start over." He admitted, returning my smile.

"Start over? What do you mean?" I questioned, tilting my head slightly.

His smile became bigger, and his eyes were gentle and sweet as he sighed softly. "Y/N. I know you know this, but...I like you. Like alot. I've had a crush on you for forever and I didn't make a move just because I thought you wouldn't want me. I mean who would?" He chuckled slightly, happily. "But, I know you like me now that I see how torn up you were about my words."

Ah...

So he thought I was like that because of what he said. I bit my bottom lip, gnawing softly, guilt building up in my chest slowly and steadily.

"So, Y/N.." he took a deep breath. "Will you go out with me?"

Guysss comment saying what you think Y/N will do! I love hearing your voices! Thank you so much for those who came back to continue reading, even though I had quit updating for a while! ❤