Chapter 12

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm so sorry that I put it this story on hold but I'm finally gonna continue it!

We ran until my side ached, but even then we pushed through and ran some more.

"Mal!" I called out again. She halted in her tracks, whirling to face me, her eyes a startling green. I almost crashed into her, my own eyes wide.

"What?!" She practically snarled. "Didn't little miss perfect tell you to stay behind?" She hissed as she took a step forwards, me taking one back to match hers.

"Mal, come on. It's me. I'm upset with her too." I tried to reason. I hate to admit, the prissy palace had turned me soft. I was frightened.

She just stabbed a finger at my chest. "You, Y/N, are just some girl who's mother is a fake. She's dead, Y/N. And she hid you on some island surrounded by thorn bushes and crocs. She didn't want you, and when the king found you and sent you here, you were all alone. And that's all you ever will be. No powers, no mommy, nothing. You. Are. Nothing. Y/N." She pushed me, and I stumbled back, regaining my footing and staring at her in shock. Her green eyes glowed brightly as she spun back around and headed towards Uma.

A low whistle sounded behind me and I bowed my head, staring at my feet. Ouch.

"Ooh, trouble in paradise?" A trinkling sneer was voiced but I didn't look up.

"She doesn't want our help anymore, Bella." I said quietly, hating this feeling of weakness.

"No, honey. She doesn't want your help. Because what can you do? You've got the looks, and you had the big bad bite of the isle..but now... you really are nobody, that can do nothing." I heard the smile in her voice and a pang of anger shot through me, feeling my fists but the realization that she was right subdued the urge. I sank to my knees, not able to find strength to hold me up. I'd lost my friends, the only thing that made me powerful was their power.

A mocking laugh rang through the air. "Oh, lookie her! Shaking on the floor! What, can't even defend yourself anymore, Y/N?" Kiki giggled. I sat there silently.

"Hey! I'm speaking to you!" Kiki snarled and reached out to pull my hair, yanking my head back so my head faced her. I let out a startled yelp and my eyes went wide. A small dagger was pressed to my neck and I remembered that 'off with their head' was a literal thing to this girl.

"Oh, whatever Kiki. Let's go. Our time is wasted on her." Bella quipped, standing with one hand on her waist and a jeering look at me. I found pity swirling in the midst of her black eyes, and shame flooded my senses as Kiki released me, shoving me into the dirty ground in a heap.

"Loser." Kiki scoffed, stepping on me to get over me, her shoes squashing my side and I let out a gasp. Her weight disappeared, and the two walked away, little cackles spilling out of their mouths.

Tears began to well up in my eyes and I layed there.

I'm nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing,

NOTHING.