Just Friends 《 Part 4 》

that's right bitches part foUR

You blinked open your heavy eyes. It was still dark out, but there was a faint glow on the horizon. You yawned and pulled back a little bit to look at Bucky's face. You leaned in and kissed him softly.

A smile spread lazily across his face as he opened his eyes.

"Good morning, doll," he mumbled.

"Your eyes are pretty," you whispered as you leaned in again. He raised an eyebrow and you stopped.

"What?" you asked.

"What about the promise?"

"No one's up," you replied.

"Doesn't mean the promise doesn't exist." He reached a hand up to smooth your messy hair. "I have an idea."

"What is it?" you asked curiously. He smiled and patted your thigh.

"Wanna go swimming?"

You grinned and slid off his lap. "Hell yeah!" you exclaimed. Bucky put a finger to his lips.

"Be quiet and meet me back out here when you're done."

"Ok," you smiled. He smiled back and opened the door for you.

"After you, sugar."

****

You swung open the porch door to see Bucky waiting on the porch. Towels were on the chair, and the sun had begun to peek over the horizon.

"Ready to go?" he asked. You only grinned and began to run over the shifting sand.

"Catch me if you can!" you yelled. He smiled at the familiar phrase and began to run towards you.

As you grew closer to the crashing waves, the sand became steady and easier to run on. You stopped and turned to see Bucky easily jogging across the sand. His face was calm, his gait relaxed-

-Until a huge gust of wind came and blew his hair all over the place.

Your laughter echoed across the empty landscape. Bucky's face slid into a frown as he walked up to you.

"I let you sleep basically on top of me, which yes, sounds wrong, but you know what I mean. I hold you as you fall asleep and this is how you repay me?"

His indignation only caused you to laugh more. His hair was still a tangled mess, and as your laughs began to fade, you reached your hands up to fix his hair.

Bucky smiled slowly at the intense look of concentration on your face as your fingers delicately smoothed through his hair. You pulled away and smiled at your work.

"Thanks, sweetheart," Bucky said. You smiled and took his hand.

"Swimming?" you asked. Bucky's heart sped up as your warm hand held his, but he only smirked.

"That's why we're here," he replied as he began to walk towards the water's edge. Thankfully, the waves were warm as the two of you walked in deeper and deeper until the water was calmer.

"I wonder what we're having for breakfast," you mumbled quietly as you drew your fingers through the water. Bucky laughed softly and took both of your hands in his.

"Leave it to you to ask about that," he said quietly. His eyes flickered to your lips and you moved closer towards him.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to yours.

The promise jumped immediately to mind, but as the kiss grew deeper, it melted away. The only thought in your mind was Bucky.

You slid your hands up his chest to his shoulders, then you wrapped your arms around his necks and drew him closer. Your fingers tangled in his hair as he drew away and leaned his forehead against yours.

"This doesn't follow the promise," he said with a small smile. You smirked and leaned him to kiss him again.

"To hell with the promise," you mumbled against his lips. His hands slid from your waist to press against your lower back, holding you tightly against him.

You pulled away, breathlessly. Your eyes fluttered shut as you processed what had just happened.

"Hey, hey, is something wrong?" Bucky asked. You opened your eyes and saw his brow creased in concern.

"No," you said with a faint smile. "No, everything is just right."

a/n

everything is nOT alright because my nose is rUNNING, and it is running faster than i can

anyways,,,should i wrap this series up or write a few more parts? let me know

xx,

audrey