Bad Day

if you have a bad day, don't make it a bad life :) (also there's one bAd WoRd guys)

    "Hey, doll." Bucky sat up on the bed and turned to look at you. You threw your gym bag on the ground.

   "You're back early," he says with a raised eyebrow as he watches you slam drawers shut. You turned towards him with one of his shirts balled up in your hands.

    "Do you not want me here?" you asked sharply.

    "No, of course I do, it's just you usually finish your nightly workout at nine, but you're back right after you left."

    "It's nothing," you replied firmly as you walked to the bathroom and slammed the door.

   "Sugar, I can tell it's something," Bucky said as he walked over to the door.

   "I'm fine." Your voice was muffled by the door and Bucky waited for you to come back out. You turned the door handle and walked out. "Now get out of my way!"

   Bucky just wrapped his arms around you and kissed the top of your head. "Tell me what's wrong."

    "I just had a bad day, that's all."

    "What made it a bad day?" Bucky asked.

    "It just wasn't good, okay?" you replied shortly.

   Bucky swiftly picked you up, bridal style, and you screamed out of surprise. He walked over and set you gently on the bed before lying down on his side and facing you.

   "Doll, please," he said. "At least let me hold you?"

    Your only reply was you rolling over to face away from him.

   Bucky sighed. "Y/N."

   "I had a bad day, okay?"

    "All the more reason for me to hold you."

    "Just...let me sleep, please?"

    "Darlin', I know you had a bad day, but it's just one day, okay? Just one day, that's all." You stayed silent, so Bucky charged on. "And I know when you have a bad day you can't sleep unless I'm holding you, and you want to sleep. So please doll, c'mon."

    You let out a quiet sigh and rolled over to face him. "Fine," you replied before sitting up and shifting closer to Bucky. He grinned in victory and draped an arm across your waist, holding you tight against him. You nuzzled your face into his shoulder.

    "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked quietly as his thumb traced circles on your back.

   "No."

    "It'll make it better, sugar, I promise."

   "Ok, fine," you responded, moving slighty away from him so he could hear you.

   "I went into the kitchen this morning only to see Tony eating the last of my cereal. Then I had to eat Steve's oatmeal because I was hungry and couldn't find you anywhere. After that, I wanted to watch some T.V., but Clint decided to hide the remote in the vents. He kept changing the channel and I tried to find you again to vent, but Nat said you were off on a run."

   "Yeah, sorry, doll," he said with a frown. "I wish I had been there for you."

   You shrugged and continued. "Anyways, I stayed on the roof for a few hours reading before going to get a coffee and go for a walk in the park. Some bicycles got mud all over my new shirt. When I got back you were at your nightly training session so I got ready to go the gym. I passed you and you didn't even acknowledge me!"

    He winced in apology. "I'm so sorry I didn't say hi. I was just wrapped up in my thoughts."

   "Then when I got to the gym, Sam said that the Avengers were training there tonight. I'm an Avenger! What was that supposed to mean?"

   "I'm gonna kick his ass," Bucky said lowly. You let out a small chuckle and Bucky looked at you happily, glad to have a gotten a laugh out of you.

   "Go to sleep," he said. "Sounds like you have had a rough day."

   You watched him close his eyes and tried to sleep yourself, but your mind was still racing. You brought your hand to his face and gently ran your fingers over his face, across the dips and rises.

   "Better?" He opened his eyes as his mouth curved into a lazy half-smile.

   "Better," you whispered. He grinned and pulled you close to him.

    What a good day it had been.

sOoOo cute guys omg

requests are open!!

xx,
audrey