Are They Gone?

"I'm home, sugar!" Bucky called into the apartment. He flicked the lights on and startled at the huge mess before him. Broken glass, ripped papers, chairs tipped haphazardly across the floor. He immediately began thinking over a plan, something, anything.

He cautiously moved further into the apartment, a shard of glass clenched in his metal hand, shaking as he scanned each room. The living room, clear. Kitchen, clear. Bedroom, clear. The bathroom door was shut, which was strange, you never shut it.

His hand shook even more, and he hated himself for it. One mishap and it was over.

He turned the knob, slowly opening the door. His mind blanked and he couldn't think of anything but you--

You stealing his hoodies, you singing along obnoxiously to songs in the car, you baking cookies for him at three in the morning when he woke up from nightmares.

--He snapped back into reality and opened the door fully, his eyes scanning the small room for any threats. They landed on a small form lying on the floor.

"Doll?" he whispered. He set the glass shard on the counter and stepped into the room before dropping to his knees besides you.

"Are they gone?" you asked shakily.

"Who?" he said. You raised your head and looked into his eyes. "Who, just tell me who, please," he sighed, words coming out in a rush.

"Them, the people with the black uniforms, and that skull with all those tentacles."

Bucky's face went white as he realized who had wrecked the apartment.

"Are you ok?" he asked quietly as he took your hand in his.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

"What happened? Did they hurt you, sweetheart?" He kissed the top of your head and hugged you closer to him. He couldn't bear to think that he might've lost you. 

 I was reading in the bedroom, when someone knocked at the door. I came out to open the door and they were already inside, throwing things everywhere, looking for something. They didn't see me, so I ran back here and hid. I didn't know what else to do."

"You did just fine, just fine," he mumbled. His hands ran up and down your arms to assure himself that you were still here, still safe in his arms. "This is all my fault," he breathed as tears began to run down his cheeks. "To think, I could've lost you."

"Hey, hey, this isn't your fault," you said as you pulled away slightly. You kissed his cheek and wiped away the tears. "Don't cry, Buckybear. I'm right here, I'm ok." You softly kissed him and stood up. 

"What are you doing?" he asked in alarm as he jumped to his feet.

"Wanna make cookies?" 

a/n

hahah you probably thought this was gonna be like 'oH iS eVeRyOnE eLsE gOnE sO wE cAn kISs' lmao jokes on you

anywaysss, i got spotify premium for three months for 99 cents,,,and i'm living for it

give me requests! please! i've written down some prompts so hopefully that means i'll get around to writing them :)

xx,

audrey