Making plans

"I feel like I spend half my life saying this but we need to talk Jac"
"About what?" She asked heart in her mouth
He laughed softly "I could create Déjà vu by saying 'about everything we haven't been'. Do you remember?"
"Of course I do" she snapped
"Jac what we did this morning was a mistake"
Silence
"Jac are you still there?"
"You think it was a mistake?" Came a quiet voice "you think we're a mistake?"
"Oh my god no,that's not what I meant. I just think that me leaving 20 minutes after we'd told each other how we feel was a mistake"
"Okay"
"I love you Jac that's not going to change and I think you feel the same"
"I do" she interrupted
He smiled "I meant that we need to talk about how we're going to handle this, at work and everything"
"I have been saying the same thing to Sacha. I'm so overwhelmed by what I feel for you I'm scared"
"Scared?"
"Of getting hurt, of hurting you. That's why it took us so long to get together. If this fell apart I don't think I could come back from it"
"Jac sshh. It's not going to fall apart. We just need a plan. Can you meet me at the boathouse pub on the canal tomorrow afternoon?"
"What time?. Jonny's bringing Emma back at teatime"
"Ok. Let's meet at lunchtime"
Jac pondered as they ended the phone call with 'I love yous'. Mr Cocky was as deeply insecure and fucked up as she was.
The next morning was bright and sunny, unseasonably warm. Jac got ready and put on a low cut red halter neck top, which she'd never had the confidence to wear because it showed her scars but Fletch made her feel beautiful and told her to be proud of her scars because they meant she was alive.
She spotted him lounging on a seat outside the pub. She took a moment to drink him in. His long lithe body looked relaxed, his eyes closed in the sunshine.
She approached him quietly "hey" she said pushing her sunglasses on top of her head.
He opened his eyes and looked up at her
"Wow"he grinned
"Wow what?" Said Jac suddenly self conscious
"Just wow. You look ,well, wow" he stood up and embraced her and kissed her firmly but chastely on the lips.
"I got us a bottle" he said pointing to the ice bucket on the table "that ok"
"Perfect" she said sitting down
He poured them each a glass
"So" he began "we are a right pair Naylor"
"I know Fletcher"
They clinked their glasses together
"How is this going to work then?"he asked
"Well let's think about work. Sacha is sworn to secrecy for now"
"Are we going to have a no canoodling rule at work?" He stroked the inside of her wrist
"No canoodling?" She laughed whilst enjoying the tingles that were coming from him just stroking her wrist "mmm you can't do this at work" she breathed "far too distracting Fletcher"
"So no canoodling. In public anyway" he said suggestively
"I think my days of store cupboards and on call rooms are long gone"
"Well we may have to re visit that because it going to be difficult to get through a day working alongside you without wanting to touch you. It was bad enough before when we were just 'friends' but now...."
He was now gently kissing the underside of her wrist
"You're just going to have to control yourself Fletcher" She laughed