Chapter 11: The Truth

Previously:
I bit my lip, thinking. There was every chance they thought the conversations here were entirely too suspicious and they would question her. Or at least be suspicious of her and her motives. Or that chance the twins and the Stolls decide to prank her beyond recognition.

"Fine," I relented. "But watch out for pranks. And keep and eye on them." My eyes roamed around, looking at the campers. "They might ask too many wrong questions."

"I'll be fine, Percy, go," Penelope started pushing me out the door after my dad and half-brothers.

As soon as Percy left, I spun around to look at the campers with my hands on my hips.

Penelope Clearwater had a mission tonight. It was going to be a challenge but when have I ever shirked from a challenge? Never. Well, I almost did with Percy. But never again. I'd promised myself I would never give up on Percy. He needed someone on his level (meaning not god or goddess) to not give up on him.

I only almost did because he was playing hard to get. Not that he knew he was, he's so innocent. It was the year of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. After it had all ended, I invited Percy to get some ice cream with me in Diagon Alley. We had gotten much closer by then and I had cracked through his facade so I thought I had a chance.

Turns out I was right.

By the time Hogwarts was about to start up again, I'd worn him down and he agreed to be my boyfriend.

Now, as his girlfriend, it is my duty to meddle. Just a little bit.

"Um, Miss Clearwater?"

I snapped myself out of my daze. "Yes, Miss Lesveque?"

"Are you alright? You've been standing like that for a while," the dark haired, skinned beauty asked. I had to look away because her golden eyes felt like they were reading my soul. Not good if I want to keep Percy's secret.

"I'm quite alright, Miss Lesveque, have you all claimed spots already?"

"There's one over there on the chair," Jason answered from the floor next to Piper's sofa.

I glanced around to see that all the boys were in miscellaneous spots on the floor with blankets and pillows. Piper claimed the sofa in front of the fire place and Thalia the one by the window. Hazel and Clarisse seemed to have chosen the arm chair and the love seat. Leaving me with an arm chair that looked ready to absorb me into it's plush stuffing.

"Thank you," I replied. Grabbing a blanket, I walked over to get comfortable. I waited a few minutes until I confirmed that they were not ready to fall asleep yet before speaking.

"So how are you liking Hogwarts so far?" I asked the only thing that came to mind.

"I love it," Hazel started gushing. "I've learned things I never would have learned back home."

"I like it now that the pink toad is off the campus," Thalia said, to which the rest agreed quickly.

"Weasley's classes are much better than Umbridge's hands down," was all Clarisse said.

"Why did you choose to come for the year in the first place, if you don't mind my asking?" Hopefully this would shed some light.