Bonus #2: Capture the Flag

In the days following our return with Thanatos, Harry and Hermione were busy learning about Harry's new abilities and duties as Master of Death from the god himself. Lilith was also there, learning her own powers. Why was Hermione there?

Do I need to answer that seriously?

We only had a few weeks left of summer and I'd been gone all the other weeks camp would have been hosting Capture the Flag so it's about time we have one. My siblings and their friends had joined the Hecate cabin while Penny and I were gone and I heard they did well. I have yet to be approached by a cabin leader for this week's game so I am not sure who I will be allying myself with yet. The team I'm on tends to win so it should be sometime soon that they remember the game and that I'm going to be here for it. Generally it's first come first serve but I've been known to refuse some people.

We'll see.

"Percy!" Speak of the devil, there is Travis now, walking past all the other tables to get to me. "Percy, do you have a team for Capture the Flag yet?"

"Hey, Prissy, we'll let you use our chariot for the next chariot race and take the next week of kitchen duty if you join our team for Capture the Flag." Clarisse popped out of nowhere.

So it's the Ares cabins and the Hermes cabin leading the teams this week? Interesting.

"We're teamed up with the Hecate cabin!" Travis said quickly.

"So? Even if they can do magic, it's no match against us, we have cabin six." Clarisse said. "Besides, what can they do? Their wands aren't even that powerful."

"That may be true, but his siblings and their friends are staying there right now, Percy will want to team up with them." Travis said triumphantly.

The wands aren't that powerful? Were they not paying attention at all when they were in Hogwarts? I guess they had been there while Umbridge was there so they did not see many dangerous spells get thrown around. Unless...were they part of the D.A.? If that's the case, they should know!

"Why would he want that when he knows he can win with us?" Clarisse countered. She seemed genuinely confused that anyone would choose the loosing side willingly.

"How do you know they won't win this one? I heard they won the last game." I said to Clarisse, causing Travis to put his hands on his hips and smirk.

"We were on that team too." Clarisse said flatly.

All this was going on in the middle of dinner the day before we were to have the game. It was becoming a spectacle and we were drawing attention from everyone else in the pavilion.

I suddenly had a thought and grinned almost wickedly.

"Percy?" Travis said nervously.

"Oh no." Grover said from his seat at Mr. D's table. He put his head in his hands, looking as if he were hiding.

"No need to be so concerned, Grover," I said innocently.

"I have every need!" Grover said. "Last time you had that look on your face, you, Thalia, and Nico did something to blow up part of the forest! You can't even do it again if you tried. And you have!"

I waved my hand, unconcerned. "It won't be so bad as that." Turning to Mr. D and Chiron, I said, "May I suggest a slight change to this week's game?"

"I'm listening." Mr. D said before Chiron could say no. The centaur and saytr sitting next to him grew pale.

"Keep the teams as they are but add a third team." I started. "Me, and all the wizards and witches I brought with me plus Blackjack."

Murmurs rose around the pavilion, growing louder as Mr. D looked to be actually thinking about it. Clarisse and Travis looked at each other in a mix of confusion and concern.