Crash

C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

"Kaine!" I call out her name but her car drives her away. She doesn't stop. I sigh in defeat and begin to head back inside but then a ghastly noise is heard from several cars and my body grows cold.

Please, no.

I turn around and witness the scene unfold as cars attempt to avoid the crash that is displayed before them. Her car is flipped upside down, badly damaged.

Kaine. Mori.

I every inch of my body wants to move but I can't. I can't move.

"Kyoya," I turn around to see Eclaire holding my arm," don't do anything stupid. You'll get hurt."

"There is a crash that involves serveral people injured. One being one of my closest friends and the owner of the Villazaez Company!" I grit my teeth.

"The ambulance and police are already arriving at the scene," I look behind her and I see my father,"They're taken care of. We have other matters to discuss."

They're extremely calm. Why?

Eclaire lets go of my arm and I, for some reason, follow them back inside into a private room.

"What is this?" I ask, wanting to get on with it.

"The Tonaire group and I have been discussing about the possibility of partnering, as you're well aware." My father starts and nod for him to continue,"This meeting was basically the final key to determine to do so or not."

"And you've decided to become partners..." I assume his conclusion.

"By marriage." Eclaire adds. Wait.

"With your older siblings already married, you are to wed Eclaire to make this partnership official." Father further says.

No

"It's quite fitting," Eclaire coos, wrapping her arms around me once again," The youngest daughter of the Tonaire group and the youngest son of the Ootori group, betrothed."

Hell no

"I'm afraid to say that, that won't be possible," I decline. Eclaire lets go of me and she and my father look at me curiously.

"How so?" Father inquires.

"I asked Kaine to marry me some time ago. We were to announce our engagement after everyone signed the contract." The words slip out of my mouth without much thought.

"What?" Both ask in disbelief.

"I apologize for the inconvenience but this whole day is just full of them." I make my way towards the door,"now if you'll excuse me, I'm to visit my friends and fiancée."

As soon as I was out the door, I take out my phone to make a call. After a few dial tones, I wait for an answer.

'Hello?'

'Tamaki, I have some bad news..."

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

Darkness...The partial or total absence of light, is the dictionary definition of it.

To me it is a painfully silent disaster. It's all I see right now.

Am I blind again?

Then, before I could panic at the possibility, I start to see something.

Kaine

A soft voice calls my name. Good. I think I'm starting to wake up.