A Very Late Night

Aquarius woke up, only to find she wasn't at home and it was the middle of the night. She had fallen asleep in the zodiac room on her bean bag chair with her phone in her hand.

She checked the time and it was 2am the next day and her phone was on its last 3%.

"Looks like I'm not sleeping for the rest of the night," Aquarius said with a sigh.

She got up and left the zodiac room to get back to the dorms. She really hoped no one locked the door or else she was going to waiting around for a very long time without any entertainment.

Finally she got to the dorms. She climbed up a the stairs to get to the zodiac floor and started heading to the air sign door when she tripped over something in the dark.

"I'VE BEEN NERFED!" Aquarius screeched when she fell to the floor.

"EEEEEEEEEEK!" Someone else screamed in a high pitch panic.

Aquarius sat up and started to rub her nose, which she landed face first onto.

She looked over and saw the outline of Leo, which is surprisingly unique.

"Leo why are you sitting in the middle of the way at 2 in the morning?" Aquarius asked, her nose slowly starting bleed.

"Aries and Sagittarius changed the lock on me again." Leo pouted.

"That's rough. You can sleep on the couch in the air dorm if you want, if the door is unlocked."

"That sounds way better than this." Leo said smiling happily.

Aquarius got up off the floor and gave the door knob a quick jiggle. It was locked. Aqaurius left her keys inside her room.

"Bad news, we're screwed." She said, nose still bleeding.

It was awkwardly silent for a few moments afterwards. There was only a sliver of moonlight coming in through the only window in the hall, not enough to see any details, only outlines.

"So, wanna go see if anyone's throwing any craaazy parties in the other dorms?" Leo asked after several more moments of silence.

"I want my nose to stop bleeding."

"We can deal with that at the wild parties we find. Let's go!" Leo said grabbing Aquarius's hand and dragging her down the stairs.

They started their quest for a party so they can get something to stop Aquarius's nosebleed.

After checking both first year dorms they moved on to the second years and then the third years.

They had just walked all the way through the first third year building and went to move on to the next one.

Clearly there was some event going on in this building as the lights on one whole floor where on.

"Look! There's life!" Leo continued to drag Aquarius along, whose hand had become a mess after holding her nose for so long.

They climbed up all the stairs and reached the floor. There was in fact once a small party celebrating something Aquarius and Leo were clueless to. Several kids were sleeping in the hall, very few awake.

"Hey! You, I need a tissue or napkin." Leo told someone who was wandering out of a dorm.

"That's nice. I need a will to live." The kid grumbled walking past Leo and down the stairs.

"Someone has a case of the grumpies." Aquarius said walking into the dorm the kid came out of, not knocking before entering.

Leo ran after her, entering the small dorm. It had a strange layout, very circular.

"I found tissues, we can leave now." Aquarius said carrying a box of tissues with her. She carefully stepped over sleeping kids as she walked back to Leo, who was looking around at everything.

"Huh, oh nice. I know some of these people," Leo started to say, "Phecda introduced me to them. This is the Canis Major dorm room for those stars. The whole floor is dedicated to the Canis constellation."

"Are they nice?"

"No, but they're smart. They give Phecda the answers to tests." Leo explained as the pair left the building to wander around aimlessly.

"Do they give you answers?"

"Mostly to homework questions. Cheating on tests feels wrong to me. Phecda doesn't really have a moral compass when it comes to that."

"Why didn't you spend the night at Phecdas?" Aquarius asked Leo.

Leo hesitated for a second before answering. "She was staying over at a friend's place."

"Who is this friend?"

"I don't know. I'm sure it's nothing. Let me ask you a question now!" Leo said, changing the topic.

"Hit me with it."

"How are you not freezing? You don't even have a sweater on!" Leo asked poking Aquarius's arm.

"It's not that cold out though."

"Aquarius it snowed an hour ago it's cold."

"Um, guess I'm an ice queen then. Yooooo, what if, and hold on to your pants, it's my power. Just imagine that. Aquarius the human heater."

Leo said nothing for a moment, then very dramatically went, "Aquarius! The Human Heater! She can heat up your house in the middle of a blizzard. Call now for warm hugs."

For the next few blocks the two went on about Aquarius the human heater. Soon they got back to the dorms.

"Hey let's just go all the way to the school and hang out there." Aquarius suggested.

"Sounds cool, but my stuff is already in the fire dorm." Leo said slowly walking into the dorm.

"Yeah, but there's also a bunch of people who don't like you in it, so, let's go." Aquarius said walking towards the school.

"I need to charge my phone!" Leo complained.

"So do I." Aquarius said. Leo had nothing else to say so he gave up and went with Aquarius to the school to wait out the night.

Eventually Leo fell asleep on the zodiac couch while Aquarius was wide awake the whole time. Tommorow is going to be a long day.

A/N

Honestly I had a whole different chapter idea but then this happened so hooray. I have a feeling my updates are going to be really late like this a lot now. It'll be fun to see what happens in September then. Anyhow I hope you all have wonderful nights and days and mornings and evenings and afternoons.

Sincerely Zodi.