[5] lucas | dumped his ass

The reader and Lucas have been dating and things get complicateddddd
•••

"Y/n! Y/n! I swear I can be better next time! You know me... you know how I am."

I sighed at the boy in front of me. Lucas Sinclair. One of the most emotionally dense people I have ever met. We have been 'dating' if you can even call it that for about four months now. But we're on and off. Mostly off. Mostly because he sucks at being a boyfriend. He never asks to hang out first, we never do anything romantic, he doesn't really think of me all that much... and we are too young to even know how to properly date.

"Lucas. This is like seventh time I've broken up with you. Maybe that's a hint. We just aren't meant to be together. We don't click."

Lucas shut his eyes and inhaled deep. "But we do! Don't you understand. Couples fight all the time. It's human nature!"

I shook my head at him. "Lucas... were always going to be best friends. But this dating thing... it just isn't for us." And with that I walked out of his bedroom.

As I walked down the hall, Erica Sinclair sat on the sofa in their living room. She smiled at me.

"It's about damn time. I wondered how long you were gonna put up with my idiot brother."

I shook my head and just walked out of the house. I didn't want to admit it, but I felt sad. I did love Lucas... but we didn't feel right. We weren't meant to be.

...

The next day as I went out for a morning walk, I almost stepped on a bunch of dandelions that were sprawled across my front step. Across my front long behind a bush, Lucas stepped out holding a heart shaped box.

I rolled my eyes at him, but he took that as an invitation to come closer. He stopped when he was about five feet away from the steps.

"Y/n." He said softly.

"Lucas." I replied very monotone.

He sighed. "I know I'm not the best boyfriend. Or friend. Or boy... but I care about you. I really do."

I softened up a little at that. He was a nice guy... and maybe I was a little too hard on him. He was a teenage boy after all.

"I may not call you all the time... or pack extra chocolates for you... and drink all of our water when we go on hikes and-"

I stopped him by hopping off the step and wrapping my arms around him.

"Stop." Was all I said.

Lucas was tense at first, but after a second he hugged me back. "Stop...what?"

I pulled away. "Stop talking down on yourself Lucas. You are a great guy."

A smile appeared on his face. "I am?"

I nodded. "You are selfless and caring... and maybe not in all ways romantically. You still are. You are awesome, and I'm sorry that I basically said you were the opposite."

"Thanks Y/n."

"Oh and we do click. We are meant to be together. But... maybe not now." I continued.

Lucas had a confused look on his face now. "What does that mean?"

I sighed. "We're stupid teens Lucas. Do you really expect us to have a thoughtful relationship at this age?"

He shook his head.

"So I think we should wait. Just a little longer. So we can mature and grow and become better people."

Lucas was silent for a second, but then he nodded and smiled. "That sounds like a good idea. We'll wait. I'll wait."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. When we pulled away, we were both blushing. Then I turned my attention to the flowers all over my step.

"Where did you get these from?" I questioned.

"From my yard. Pretty sweet huh." He smirked.

"They're weeds."

•••

This is ass I'm sorry King Lucas.
Also excuse any spelling for grammar errors it's late
Also PM some ideas or requests that u guys have
Ohhh and also keep commenting bc u all are funny as shit

AAAALSSSOOO I edited some of preferences (written in 2016) bc I had over hundreds of comments asking so go check em out
Thanks (: